Mahogany Table Top

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowShark

Reaction score
Hello Everyone out there,

I'm new here so hope I'm putting this in the right place. I'm sure someone wil tell me soon enough if not :lol: I am planning to buy a huge Victorian mahogany wind-out dining room table at an auction tomorrow. I am hoping to pick this up at a very good price (hooray) because the top is made from cheap pine (not so hooray).

That's where you all come in - does anyone have any old wind-out table tops hanging around their workshop that they might consider selling. If so then let me know. The table is 48" wide and 120" long. The wood is a middle shade of mahogany (not light but not too dark) but I would probably have to repolish anyway. A windout table has two fixed leaves which separate on the two halves of the table frame as the winding mechanism is extended - extra leaves are then fitted into the gap - I would much prefer a complete table top, including the leaves, if possible.

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi YellowShark
As a restorer I would say you have two hopes and one of the is Bob, but I have been wrong before as mahogany is now very hard to get in good sizes.
Good luck
Ps post some pic's if you get it :) and welcome to the forum

Not much point in buying it really, unless you had the top to go with it,you could be waiting a month a a day to sauce one.It wiil probaully end up collecting dust in your garage for the next twenty years

Colin C":1ntymr4e said:
I think Todd has it and welcome to the forum Todd :)

Thankyou for the welcome Colin C, as you can see I have been registered on the forum for a while . :) I find I tend to get more info of the forum than I can contribute :oops:

Latest posts

Back