Magazines that promote hand tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidadew

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, so I know there isn't any current day magazine out there that only covers hand tool making, but as that is pretty much all I use then I was wondering what magazines people recommend which have a heavier hand tool basis. I've got copies of most of them, but just the odd copy so haven't been able to do a broader overview.

There's not a British mag which is heavily leanient on hand tools to my knowledge. You might want to look towards t'other side of the pond. Popular Woodworking used to have a sister mag called Woodworking Magazine. They have now merged the two together. But Woodworking Mag was heavy on the hand tools. You can buy the back issues on their website. Either in electronic form or paper. The new merged mag is supposed to be the best of both worlds but I'm not overly impressed with it. It's still one of the best from that direction, however.

In my personal opinion ( :roll: ), British Woodworking is the best current woodworking mag. But everyone has an opinion....

Davidadew":2iiuryax said:
OK, so I know there isn't any current day magazine out there that only covers hand tool making, but as that is pretty much all I use then I was wondering what magazines people recommend which have a heavier hand tool basis. I've got copies of most of them, but just the odd copy so haven't been able to do a broader overview.

Unless you're looking for reviews of new/modern hand tools (an area frankly better covered in the forums), for handtool detail you should be looking at pre 1950 magazines and books.

BugBear

I was wondering what happened to Woodworking Magazine. I loved that magazine more then fine woodworking or american woodworker. Seems a shame their gone.

Latest posts

Back