Machine trolly...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the heavy duty axminster ones and they take a wadkin DM morticer fine.

I have had a few different types, as always you seem to get what you pay for.

I have a couple of cheap ones from Rutlands which do the job for light things but aren't great.

I have a couple of Jet ones which are really easy to adjust the size of as they have little sprung pins instead of nuts and bolts but they rely on locking castors so can move around a bit.

My favourite ones are the heavy duty ones from Axminster, I have a Sedgwick planer on one which weighs nearly 400kg, it's really easy to wheel around but when you screw down the feet it's going nowhere, they are expensive though.

https://www.axminstertools.com/axminster-mb-1000-heavy-duty-mobile-base-508298

I have a couple of cheap ones from Rutlands which do the job for light things but aren't great.
The Rutlands ones only work if you have a really smooth floor, they don't have anywhere near enough lift height to cope with any bumps or dips greater than a couple of mm.

Having just bought a s/h Kity 1619, I'm looking for an approx. 200kg trolley for it... Ideally one that lets it normally sit on the ground and only lifts when moving...

I've been looking at the Warco one:
https://www.warco.co.uk/2949-machine-trolleys-woodworking
...but would welcome recommendations... Thanks!
I Have one on my Felder planer thicknesser and I ordered one for my table saw today. Cracking bit of kit very well built and solid!

I Have one on my Felder planer thicknesser and I ordered one for my table saw today. Cracking bit of kit very well built and solid!
I fitted my one today on a sip 10” Table Saw 177kg in weight ,And it moves around a treat .

Agreed. The Warco one turned up today. 1/3rd the cost of the Axminster one - admittedly with a lower max load, but it's built like a tank and nicely made. Very nice.

I also had a look at the Axminster one in their showroom at Sittingbourne before lockdown. Good, but very expensive - the Warco one is every bit as good for me plus much cheaper.

Edit: Put the Kity on the Warco trolley - just perfect and good on the not very even workshop floor we have - moves easily and locks down solidly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back