Loving Bowls !!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loz

Established Member
Reaction score
cant get enough of bowls !!!!

Although i need to get my reverse chucking off the faceplate !!!

Really unusual colouring. Is it Iroko? If you could give us the wood (if known) and some idea of the size so that we can have a better idea what we are looking at Loz?
Looks as though you are getting a good finish.
If that wood is Iroko watch the dust, it can be really nasty stuff.

Pete

gaz8521":3o7xjib0 said:
nice one loz,what wood is it?

I'm really not sure ! people have suggested Iroko on other bowls from the same plank so i'd take that as a good guess !!!

Bodrighy":1f2zrpu1 said:
some idea of the size so that we can have a better idea what we are looking at Loz?
Sorry Pete, its small - only 4" dia

Why sorry? Nothing wrong with small. As SWMBO keeps telling me (she's only 4' 11" Valuabkle presents come in small packages.....mind you poison comes in small bottles as well :lol:

Pete

Hi Loz. Most has already been said, and I do like the rim effect. Did you colour it? If so what did you use, it looks very effective.

Well done Loz, it doesn't matter if the bowls are 4 inch or 14 inch as long as you enjoy turning them,
keep up the good work.

Steve

Hi Loz
I agree they look good, what the wood is I haven't a clue as I usualy stick to local woods and that certainly isn't one of them, the main thing is you are enjoying yourself I reckon you are well and truly hooked.
How did the night class go ?

Ken

TEP":85t2hkv3 said:
Hi Loz. Most has already been said, and I do like the rim effect. Did you colour it? If so what did you use, it looks very effective.

Was already in the wood, I think it was Chas in an ealier thread thinks it due to light on the plank

Back