• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Looking for someone to produce LOTS of gymnastic rings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

scottyb722

Reaction score
Hi there,

My Name is Scott Barnes, the Co-owner of SnC-Supplies Ltd and new fitness equipment supplier based in Alfreton, Derbyshire.

I am looking for a joiner/carpenter/ sculpter/ manufacturer who can produce Wooden Gymnastic Rings. Please contact me for the information on how they are made.

Our miminum order will be for 50 pairs (100 rings)

Could you please provide me with your best price and bear in mind that this will be a frequent repeat order.

Any help or advice would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Attachments

houtslager

Established Member
Reaction score
Love to give you a qoute, but would need to know the prefered sizes ie; maximum o/s diameter and of course internal diameter.

Preference in wood or phenol plastic ?

Karl

scottyb722

Reaction score
Hey Karl,

The dimensions are:

•Pipe Diameter of the Ring: 3cm
•External Diameter of the Ring: 23cm

Could you produce both wood and plasctic?

If you could give me a quote for the vaious options that would be great! :)

=Adam=

Established Member
Reaction score
What sort of wood would you like these to be made from? Soft wood or hard wood? The reason that I ask is that i assume they would be soft wood for them to be replaced so often?

However I am not totally clued up on gymnastics so please excuse my ignorance :)

Could you send me an image of what you are looking for, if so then I can get a quote for you too.

Regards

Adam

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
Scott Barnes, can you post a photo of what you are looking for, you've got the attention of about 200+ nosy woodworkers all trying to understand what you mean.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Chrispy":31ecl8qc said:
Scott Barnes, can you post a photo of what you are looking for, you've got the attention of about 200+ nosy woodworkers all trying to understand what you mean.
They are ...... wooden ..... rings ..... whats so difficult to understand? :D

Harbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a safety issue here as well - they will be subjected to a lot of stress - will they have to be proof tested?

Rod

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Harbo":296tapqb said:
Isn't there a safety issue here as well - they will be subjected to a lot of stress - will they have to be proof tested?

Rod

Would seem to be essential if future litigation is to be covered by your insurance for any failures, the thought of compensation claims from a gymnast with a damaged spine due to a failure is not one I need to contemplate.

Would not even consider making them out of anything not cross laminated or containing a metal core.

scottyb722

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have attached a photo to the orginal post.

Also if you type 'make wooden gymnastic rings' into google you will see how they can be make on a website called 'shooting(.)net.

Regarding insurance ect.. Will we test the rings virorously ourselves and detirmine a maximum weight allowance per ring. We are fully insured and we have a disclaimer for besopke items. So you can have peace of mind that you, and me will not get sued :D