I would like to look at your workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering if it would help Alan if we added a pic or two of our workshops to help choose what types he needs for the book, just a thought?

Your welcome at my workshop also pics available if needed!

Nice local one for you here, Alan. :D

You're welcome to call in any time.

There are a couple of other pro cabinetmakers in the area who have workshops to die for. One in particular makes Robert Ingham's look like Steptoe's yard!

Hello Alan, you are very welcome in my workshop in West Yorkshire. It is a single garage which has had its interior restyled many many times to get it workshop friendly. It would be a nice change to see you in the flesh instead of on other peoples shows.

GT

Hi Alan,

Might you plan on holidays in Denmark, then you're more then welcome to visit my place.

As an alternative ( say the holidays go to Spain ) I can offer to answer questions you might have, and make pictures.

Good luck with your book

Cheers

Mac

Very kindly many of you responded to this original request and I sent 35 of you a pm last week trying to get the ball rolling with visits. To date I have only had one reply and am wondering if the recent forum changes have affected delivery of pm's either to you or me, as it was all happening about then. It seems strange that there should be so little interest.

If you are still interested and haven't heard from me could you please pm me again and I'll re-send, as I am now desperately keen to get this project up and running .

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Alan

Alan

Like I said earlier in this thread, I doubt you'll find anything useful in my workshop, but are welcome to pop in if you are local, if only to prove the point ;)

You are most welcome to come along to our bash in March down in Kent.

if you wander through Dorset you`re more then welcome to look at my gloryhole, and the kettles always on :D

Hi Alan

Another workshop for you to view in Nottingham if it's suitable, there are some pictures of the build in the projects section you're welcome to look around if it will be of use to you

Dave

Alan Holtham":1qkrbg5z said:
Very kindly many of you responded to this original request and I sent 35 of you a pm last week trying to get the ball rolling with visits. To date I have only had one reply and am wondering if the recent forum changes have affected delivery of pm's either to you or me, as it was all happening about then. It seems strange that there should be so little interest.

If you are still interested and haven't heard from me could you please pm me again and I'll re-send, as I am now desperately keen to get this project up and running .

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Alan

Hi Alan

I emailed you directly and have just PM'd you with my details, maybe the email did not get through to you.

you are welcome if in Torbay, but it is not an organized workshop but I did get out around 40 boxes last year and receiving requests for additional makes which I will be restarting I reckon about April.

Depends on two things Alan, could you find your way to wild and wooly west Wales and how tall you are.
When BSM visited the other day he did a pretty good impersonation of the Hunchback of Notre Dame! :oops:

Roy.

Please come along, Alan, the kettle is always on and you could fine tune my bandsaw at the same time. :D

Rich.

I'm almost ashamed to say I have an obscene amount of space that is wasted on me. I'm a complete beginner with a barn in 2 sections that measure 14m x 10m and 9m x 3m (you can double that because it's over 2 floors). Despite the space and the fact that, like most people starting out, I have a small budget, I seem have spread it out well enough and organise it badly enough, that I still never seem to have any room. A coulpe of the more experienced forum guys are coming out here (I forgot to mention I live in S.W. France) in the spring and I'm hoping they will point me in the right direction, but if you want to follow my progress you're more than welcome.

Froggy.

There you go Alan, that might get you more interest. Offer a bandsaw tune with every invitation ;)

I also replied to your info request via your private e-mail on 22/01, shout if it didn't get there and I will resend.

Latest posts

Back