I would like to look at your workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alan - you've had all the details of my 'shop (twice) and I've been paid for it! :D
...but you can come to Wilton if you're passing through Salisbury - Rob

... and if you can cope with the cold, you'd be welcome beyond Aberdeen :D

(especially if you've got any good ideas how to keep a metalworking lathe happy in the wood dust)

This is a constant struggle i have and would like to see a good book on the subject. I've been in my new workshop for about three months and have reconfigured it three times already and getting it right is so difficult. Oh and then the budget, if money was no object i think it would be easy.

I will also be incorporating solar heating as well as combining the system with the house system. My shop is a work in progress and would like it if it was featured, but i live in north wales so it might be a bit of a jont for you to visit. I think it would be worth it though, as I use a phase converter, incorporated solar heating on a budget, am making my own briquettes for heating from the waste, etc... I'd want to get it all set up before you come though.

I don't want to post much pictures on the forum as i've already had several thefts. Oddly enough one theft was right after i announced i was moving into the new premises so i'm a bit edgy on that. I have increased security though installing an alarm system and boarding up the windows.

Alan, if you make it down as far as my neck of the woods you'd be welcome to a peek at my setup in what was once a double garage. If nothing else I'd welcome the incentive to have a damn good clean up :wink: .

Like all home workshops it's in a permanent state of WIP, but as at least one other member can vouch for I have been trying for about 2 years now to improve on the basic layout, unsuccessfully, which I've concluded means it is pretty good as is. I also have one space saving feature I've never seen in anybody else's 'shop which I probably should get round to sharing.

MarkW":1yoi10cx said:
Alan, if you make it down as far as my neck of the woods you'd be welcome to a peek at my setup in what was once a double garage. If nothing else I'd welcome the incentive to have a damn good clean up :wink:

IMHO Mark's workshop certainly will give you some material for the book. Very neat and tidy and well thought out.

MarkW wrote
I also have one space saving feature I've never seen in anybody else's 'shop which I probably should get round to sharing.

C`mon Mark you cant lay a titbit like that down and not `fess up.
You know it makes sense :D

I had thought of a space saving idea, but it involves get rid of all my tools :lol:

Thanks to all who have posted replies and to the blizzard of pm's. As I said in the original post there is someway to go yet, but there is obviously loads of interest as I had hoped. I am sure we can all learn at least one tip from every workshop.

Now I have to compile a map of where everyone is and sort out a plan of visits, so it may be a few months yet, but keep those replies coming meanwhile.

Cheers,

Alan.

--

crazylilting":fzgnh19i said:
I also have one space saving feature I've never seen in anybody else's 'shop which I probably should get round to sharing.

hopefully we won't have to wait for the book to come out to see this.

Well, you never know :twisted:

Or you might get lucky and I might just find time to post it later this weekend (in Jigs and Tips section - I don't think it'd be fair to hijack Alan's thread).

You're welcome to add mine to the list of you don't mind visiting East Yorkshire. I might even make you a cuppa!

It's a double garage (no cars allowed) and I've solved a few space and storage problems but I'm always on the lookout for good ideas so it would be an interesting book.

Cheers
Mike

I'm just in the prosess of building my new workshop ,and there's only a concrete slab in a big hole at the moment, but by the time you've been round and seen all the others it might be finished , so if you are in the vicinity of Almeria southern Spain anytime call in ......Allan

I've lived in the road for 40 years and I cant remember throwing anything away, so you had better give mine a miss, unless you are looking for something that is different.

To all of you who were kind enough to reply to this post I shall be contacting you individually shortly to try and organise some sort of logical route round you all. What a job, looking at other peoples workshops, its hard but someones got to do it! :D

If anyone else wants to get involved please let me know, the more the merrier. Obviously locations will not be revealed but I will need any participants to sign a release form allowing me free use of any photos I take.

Thanks to all again, for me this is a very exciting project and I am sure I shall learn a lot.

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan,

You'd be welcome to visit my workshop. I'm based in Leicester and there is a little workshop tour below to give you a taster.

Richard

Welcome to see my small self built 'dog house' as SHMBO calls it :D (if you need a hobbyist on a shoestring budget :lol: )

Dave

Back