Long time coming

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There won't be any solicitors, neither of us could afford it :lol:

And I hate those legalised thieves almost as much as I hate politicians! :evil:

MMUK":3tlyxdp6 said:

I agree with you there!!! When I got divorced and my solicitor gave me her final bill my reply was, "At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask..." Daylight robbery!!!

Your life will certainly improve, remember, it won't happen overnight!!! Good luck to you.

MMUK":m5tw8t0g said:

You're in good company, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." King Henry VI, Part 2

Regardless of the details, I wish you well.
I've written probably more than I should have about what it has done to me, so I won't repeat anything here.
PM me if you ever wish to talk. There won't be any answers but sometime a voice, anyone's, is welcome.
Steve

Whilst not paying solicitors seems a fine idea and one I would support, do make sure that whatever financial arrangement you come to is final and legally binding no matter how reasonable you think she is going to be. Trust me I have been there.

Just a bit of an update.

Being back at mom and dad's isn't ideal but it's much easier mentally. I'm starting to see things a lot more clearly. The last couple of weeks have been a disaster work wise - production issues, customer not available, etc. However, it's going to be very busy from Monday, we're back on the roof conversions and there's the jobs that should have been done over the past few weeks as well. It can't come soon enough, I need the money lol.

Apart from that, my 'sister' (a friend of many years) suggested I should try Plenty of Fish as that's how she met her current partner. "Just get out there and dip your wick!" she told me in her Ulster accent :lol: That's not really my sort of thing to be honest but I joined anyway about ten days ago. I've had a few loonies message me and women who are old enough to be my mother. Then yesterday I had a message from someone and we just clicked. We exchanged numbers after a few messages and we've been texting ever since. This evening we've spent over four hours on the phone in all just talking about anything and everything, even stuff I've only ever told my 'sister'. It's sort of scary but so exciting and natural, we both feel like we've known each other for years. We're spending the day together on Sunday and I'm like a teenager in anticipation, butterflies and everything. I've never felt like this before. Putting all else aside, i feel on top of the world at the moment :mrgreen: Long may it continue :!:

Good move!
My son (39 years) has had difficulty meeting the right sort of girl and has been with some real ******s throughout his life though he was wise enough never to marry any of them or have kids.
After his last break-up, he went on a dating site and met a girl (well - she's only a girl to me :) ) in the same situation. We couldn't have picked better for him if we'd tried and they are now engaged.
It seems there are no longer any venues to meet decent girls other than maybe the workplace. Using one of these dating sites seems an ideal solution.
Good luck for the future. I hope it works out for you.

Grahamshed":1tvgakyl said:
Don't want to go against the grain here but is that not like handing out free ammunition ?

I see your point Graham but I really don't think it will be an issue. If it does become an issue, I'll cross that brodge when I come to it :mrgreen:

MMUK":nplauvt5 said:
She's been pretty reasonable, she's not the vindictive sort so I think it'll be as pleasant as separation can be.

I can't speak from my own personal experience as married (mostly happy :wink: ) for 42 years but have seen it with others:

She may well be that type of person but you can guarantee that she will receive "well meaning" advice from others at some stage and where money and blame are concerned people tend to change their stance very quickly. She may not be vindictive but some of her family / friends will be!
If she wants to sell the house for instance and has negative equity she will be advised that you should shoulder some of that burden.

Good luck for Sunday - hope it goes well for you and is the start of a new biginning.

cheers
Bob

Back