London area Timber merchants?.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mreagleeyes

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems that I spend a lot of my time driving back and forth to Devon where I know the guys in Devon Hardwoods and also I use some companies to produce my large scale designs.
It has occurred to me that rather than spending a whole day on the M4-M5 getting a little miffed about the middle lane hogger's that I could probably source my timber a little closer and get some things produced locally.

My usual places that I visit are-

Exotic Hardwoods down in Tonbridge in Kent
Timbmet in Borehamwood
Axminster in High Wycombe
And a few other local timber merchants in my area, where I normally have to sieve through the stock until I can find a board that is remotely straight.

So if you know of a good timber merchant within the M25 then I would love to know about it. I'm in NW London.

Help please.

Lathams have a few branches not too far away.

And SLH as mentioned above are OK for small amounts

Jason

DW Timber on Tottenham High Road, near the North Circular. They'll do just about any machining you want for you as well. Fantastic place!

Morgan's in Rochester are very good.

Blumson nr Dagenham has been recommended to me recently, supposedly as good if not better than Morgan's.

I use Champions timber they have branches all over the place and stock very good quality timber

Many thanks to all for the reply. The girlfriend has a hundred and one projects for her new place and Ikea just worries me.
How do they sell this at £10.99?.
4159904141_bc27448e15_o.jpg

Buying wood literally by the boat load and machines three times as big as your girlfriends flat. (well done on avoiding the whole moving in together thing, nothing good comes of it ;) )

Latest posts

Back