The Water House
Glengap,
Twynholm,
Kirkcudbright
DG6 4PS

Landline: 01557 860022

Web: https://www.naturalwoodcraft.co.uk/index.php

Shaun (Spike) and Deborah Adamson

These guys are in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland. Some unusual timbers stocked. Very, very helpful couple with enthusiasm in spades!

Cheers

Paul

gog64

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to say a big thank you for putting this list together. I visited Wentworth Timber Centre on Saturday after reading this. Very beautiful area, well worth visiting and I've already made use of the nice piece of sycamore that I bought there! Very interesting wood, all locally sourced.

cwainwright

Reaction score
What a great post. I was recently trawling the Internet and Google maps trying to find timber yards and saw Mills. I'm a newbie hobbyist and looking forward to visiting these places.

Spectric

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there

WE Holden, Laithes Mill, near Penrith in Cumbria. 017684 84356

Good old fashioned timber yard with freindly service and good advice. Also joinery services.

Fidget

Trying
Reaction score
Chilworth Timber Company Ltd
Lower Chilworth Farm
Milton Common
Nr Thame
OXON
OX9 2JS

E: sales@chilworthtimber.co.uk

Just found this company, very friendly, large stocks of all the most popular woods although I didn't see any turning blanks, milling facility. Happy to let you choose your own boards.

(Edit) Ex Timbmet Oxford without the attitude!

Nic_the_Urchin

Reaction score
Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but is everyone else having problems viewing the list? for me the formatting is all over the place - looks like html code or something... is there somewhere i can download the list or get a doc? cheers. Nic

ManowarDave

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Nic,

Oddly enough, yesterday I copied the BBcode from the posts and rejigged to html so I could look myself. The forum software won't let me post a file with a html extension so download the attached, change the .txt to .html and open in a browser and you should see the tables in full.

Dave

Attachments

robgul

Barry Bucknell is my hero
Reaction score
Two for the list (although I'm struggling to read any of the listings as the code seems to have gone mad!)

Davies Timber at Wythall, S Birmingham - big selection of hardwoods

Cutlist at Chinnor, near High Wycombe - not a timber merchant as such but laser precision cutting of panel material (plywood, MDF etc) that they also supply

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The thread was fixed by the developer. And It should be stuck in the forum it was in.

robgul

Barry Bucknell is my hero
Reaction score
It may be me but I can't see the complete list - the posts near the start of the thread are readable as far as Kent but then are just pages and pages of empty code - and the download .txt file from Manpower Dave isn't clear either.

A suggestion for the list compiler (and thank you, it's very useful) may be to go old school and produce a complete list, updated from time to time as a pdf to download that's linked in the first post of this topic? Yes it's a manual task but shouldn't be too onerous.

Rob

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Okay, the first 3 posts are fixed out of the 12. I know the developer is aware and fix for posts 4 thru 12 may need to be done tomorrow as developer is actually having a life today. Please bear with us a little longer. Thank you.

robertc4022

Established Member
Reaction score
Declan byrne & sons Carlow
Timber & hardware merchants.
Good selection of hardwood and softwood