Notes on Barlows Woodyard@Newbury-Can you PLEASE HELP?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
I am putting together a table of timber yards, with information from members who have actually visited the yards. Can you please help with information about Barlows Woodyard@Newbury?
(You can see the timber yards that are already included in the timber yard link below.)

Are they hobby friendly?

Can you self-select or is it by appointment?

Will they deliver?

Do they have online ordering?

Are prices displayed at the yard?

Do they sell domestic hardwoods?

Do they sell other hardwoods?

Do they sell softwoods?

Do they sell manufactured boards?

Do they sell turning blanks?

Are they a one-man-band or a small, medium or large yard?

Will they cut to length to fit in your vehicle?

Do you have any comments?

Thanks for your help,
Neil

OK~ as no one has replied to this request and these guys are local to me I will do so.
Worth looking at there website as you will see its mainly fencing & garden products they sell and indeed i do use them from time to time for this.
Working through the list bearing in mind the above:
Yes they are hobby friendly and you can self select, don't think they deliver, they do have online products list and unto date prices so i guess you could order on-line, The only hardwood they sell is for fence posts (Oak and Sweet Chestnut as far as I recall), the yard is a reasonable size mostly outside given the variety of timber they sell, i imagine they would be quite happy for you to cut to length in the yard. I find them friendly and helpful and reasonably priced, they also have yard's in Witney and Honeystreet and will bring stock to Hermitage from these other yards if you are after non stock items.

Back