LN factory tour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulO

Established Member
Reaction score
Any one been on one?

I am going to be in the area in April and was wondering if they ran regular tours, or only by appointment. Don't think I'd make the effort to get there if it is just the show room open.

Here's hoping the pound has strengthened a bit more by then as I'd like to put a No.8 and No.9 in my bag.

Hi Paul,
I went on one a couple of years ago, I emailed ahead of when I was going to see hat the arrangements were, they said just to turn up.
When we got there, asked the guy in the show room, (an excellent one it is too!) he went off and asked the person in charge and came back with some safety specs.
He then showed us round the whole factory, and all of the different buildings they have for different processes. If you're in the area, it's well worth a look.

I did in 2004. I had ordered a quantity of tools (to use on a Garrett Hack course later that holiday). I was made very welcome when I arrived, the tools weren’t all ready so I spent the day chatting to the guy in the front workshop (wish I could remember his name) who tests all the saws and keeps the demo tools sharp. I also had a go with every tool in the range then. My tools still weren’t ready by the end of the day but I was directed to a delightful nearby coastal village where I stayed in a motel.
The following day I was taken around the factory which was a bit scattered and there was also a lot of building work going on. It was clear that everyone took a great pride in their work and were, without exception exceedingly friendly. I got a discount on the tools I bought (because I collected them directly from the factory) and was also able to buy things like replacement handles to replace some I had damaged.
This wasn’t a PR exercise; they were interested in my feedback and happy to answer any questions. It was also clear that their existing tool range is constantly being improved and refined so they clearly do listen to and take onboard customer input.
So I would say go if you can but allow plenty of time.
Jon.

Back