Light switch that can both time delay and on/off switch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I want to turn the light on permanently, and then off when I'm finished. Sometimes, I just want it on for 20 seconds as I pass through the room.

I was hoping there would be a switch that could do for me.

If you have Alexa or similar the smart bulbs work really well.

Another option could be a PIR to turn the light on? My bathroom has no windows so I have a PIR which turns the light on when you walk in, you can set a timer on it for how long it stays on when it doesn't detect any movement.

You could also have a hive hub fitted and add a motion sensor/ and a hive bulb fiited, you can customise your set up so as you pass the motion sensor the light is turned on and off when your out of the sensors range , and of course you can control most heating boilers by adding the thermostat. All can then be controlled via your smart phone - just search British Gas hive heating.

I used to have a hallway with five doors and had a dome type PIR which worked well. A motion detector would also work.

A PIR or a motion detector (a PIR would be my choice) with a simple on/off switch in parallel with it - both controlling the lights would give what you want.

If switched on via the standard on/off switch, when you switch off and leave the room, the light will stay on for a short time (the PIR will have taken over briefly as it sensed your presence), before going out.

Back