Lie-Nielsen Toolworks customer service

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I haven't posted here for ages but thought this was worth posting.

I managed to drop my Lie Nielsen chisel plane and snap the thumb screw that clamps the blade a couple of weeks ago. After a few choice words I sent an email to them asking about the availability of a replacement as I thought there would be no chance of getting a spare in the UK. A return email said they would put one in the post for me free of charge and it arrived 6 days later.

The tools may be expensive but they sure know about customer service.

John

Johnboy":2sl314xn said:

I managed to drop my Lie Nielsen chisel plane and snap the thumb screw that clamps the blade a couple of weeks ago. After a few choice words I sent an email to them asking about the availability of a replacement as I thought there would be no chance of getting a spare in the UK. A return email said they would put one in the post for me free of charge and it arrived 6 days later.

John

+1

I advanced the blade on my 5-1/2" too far, and jammed the adjuster wheel. DAMH, 'cos I don't know what I was thinking of. They were prompt with advice, and reassured me that if I couldn't free the mechanism, they would replace the whole frog free-of-charge. I managed it, but even with a leather 'buffer' I damaged the thumbscrew. Again, NP. They are replacing that, free-of-charge. I can't say I ever needed a top end plane (really needed as opposed to wanted), but it seems to be true that, in this world, you get what you pay for. Of course the plane is superb in use. :ho2

Apart from new, I had a SH item they went above and beyond for - no parts paid for. Their customer service is exemplary.

Just a small addition to this thread. Lie Nielsen calendar ordered from Maine on 29th December and delivered in London this morning, 3rd January. Not bad!!
And before I get ticked off for buying adverts; it enthuses the kids at school to see that people get excited about tools and making things. Mind you, the Legnofilia calendar discussed in a different hand tools thread has made me think that next year maybe we should produce our own school resistant materials calendar.
Happy New Year
Simon

Johnboy":3hnq0y1t said:

John
That's precisely why I like LN tools. Customer service is fantastic.

Latest posts

Back