Lidl powerfix digital caliper and angle finder - any good?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NickN":1s3mw11h said:
Interesting that the angle finder DOES turn on automatically when moved, whereas the caliper doesn't... strange when they're from the same manufacturer.

You don't HAVE to use the caliper digitally, is my guess.

I had the caliper from before - identical in all but brand name to one I got from Axminster a few years back. Seems good, enough. Mine doesn't turn on automatically.

Anyway, I went into lidl for the angle measure yesterday and got a bit carried away... left with:
Angle finder...
Extension reel...
160mm Saw blade...
200mm saw blade...
5 in one stud finder/laser level/distance measure...

that last one was a real toy... never had one and fancied the 'gadget factor' of it. Lot's of fun with the kids trying to measure all sorts of distances round the house ultrasonically - including their heights.

beganasatree":2255s25r said:
I have the Lidl calipers,bought them 2 years ago and use them several times a week and sill with the original battery.

Peter.

As importantly, the pair that I bought 3 or 4 years ago, if you set them to zero, it consistently returns to that same zero, without showing -0.001 that some some do.

phil.p":10xiqfso said:
I had an Aldi one, a Sealey one and another unknown one, and I gave up putting batteries in them. It seemed to me I couldn't put them down for a couple of weeks without the batteries being flat.

The nice thing I found about the Lidl one - as opposed to another battery digital vernier calliper that I have - is that there's a little nub you can push from the opposite side of the body to the battery compartment which pushes the battery compartment open a little. Meaning not only that it's easy to change the battery, it's also easy to physically disconnect the battery when you're done using it to make sure that it doesn't run down while you're not looking.

Just picked up the multimeter. Not used one before but Youtube has plenty of good tutorials, thankfully.

Gah. I'm on holiday! I'm not even at home! Popped in for a bottle of red wine, grapes, wraps and milk on the way back from the beach. The lidle magnets got me! Conspiracy!

*I'll just take a quick gander.... walked out with the angle finder, calipers and the multi meter and 3 bottles of red. A bottle of mojito premixed and 2 tiny bottles of hand sanitiser. (My wee lass just broke out with chickenpox. Conspiracy! TWO weeks off a year. Great timing sweetheart!)
Wtf. I'm going to start part charging UKW.
I walked out to the car loaded the boot and slipped the tool stuff next to the angle grinder stand and flapper discs I bought the first day we got here.... if she doesn't see it, it didn't happen...
Got home. Mrs managed to smash a bottle of red all over the carpet.
It's fine love. Really. I'm just gonna pop down the road and have a Guinness...
#-o

Back