Lidl powerfix digital caliper and angle finder - any good?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the calipers were good. Sufficiently good that i will treat myself to the angle finder this time round.

Ive got both the Lidl and Aldi calipers and both are excellent.

One thing the Aldi version has over the Lidl is the Lidl needs manually turning on before each use, the Aldi version turns on automatically when you slide the caliper. Something i find useful

I bought the Aldi calipers about two years ago. I use them several times a week, most weeks, and find them superb. Money very well spent indeed.

gregmcateer":1q4joqbo said:
Not only are the calipers a bargain - the battery is still going strong years later.

Same here, great piece of kit.

I'm just wondering if the angle-finder would be perfect for setting up a 'wedgie sled'?

having checked both the aldi ones and lidl ones against a calibrated set of matabo units, they were bang on the money, so if the angle gauge is as good, get one today. :)

We buy lots of these cheap calipers for use on the shop floor at work. They are all much the same and we haven't found any yet that cannot be calibrated within British standards (BS887:2008) By lots I mean hundreds.
The only issue that I find is operating the slide too fast they can loose their position and need zeroing again.

Gerry
(Calibration Technician)

I had an Aldi one, a Sealey one and another unknown one, and I gave up putting batteries in them. It seemed to me I couldn't put them down for a couple of weeks without the batteries being flat. I use M&W ex WD £5 vernier, or one of the mics. I've given up on calipers. :D

Well they had thousands of them in the Aberystwyth store today but I decided that I'm not experienced enough for segmented turning yet, so I passed on it this time.

I went in today and managed to pick up a caliper. Unfortunately, it was because i wasn't paying attention- need to swap t tomorrow for the angle finder that I actually wanted!

Got both today, thanks for the announcement.

Interesting that the angle finder DOES turn on automatically when moved, whereas the caliper doesn't... strange when they're from the same manufacturer.

Now to get the workshop finished (how I love concreting, not).

Back