Lidl / parkside tracksaw is back, even cheaper!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest I don't know about the scribe feature! I think not, there doesn't seem to be anything 'extra'
What would a scribe feature look like?

I think it's like a 0.5mm setting, right?
Can't see anything like that...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There is no scribe function, though of course you can easily do this manually as Peter Millard shows on his festool which also has no scribe function.

sammy.se":9cw932ux said:
To be honest I don't know about the scribe feature! I think not, there doesn't seem to be anything 'extra'
What would a scribe feature look like?

I think it's like a 0.5mm setting, right?
Can't see anything like that...

Thanks for checking Sammy, I appreciate your help :D

Rorschach":9cw932ux said:
There is no scribe function, though of course you can easily do this manually as Peter Millard shows on his festool which also has no scribe function.

Thanks Rorschach :D I wasn't aware the Festool didn't have one...I've been doing it manually for a few years with my Bosch Circular Saw and rail, I just thought that if I'm going to make the jump to a plunge saw, I might as well have one with a few extra features :D

sammy.se":3abs92m6 said:
Does it make a worthwhile difference?

A scribe cut in ply or laminate will Sammy, having it on the saw is convenient but not the end of the world...

Depends how often you need to make this kind of cut. If you fit kitchens then you will likely be using that scribe feature everyday, so having that on the saw would be nice. If you do mixed work and only need the scribe cut every now and again then don't worry about it and just do it manually.

I just reset the depth stop if I want to do a scribe cut, yes it is slower but I don't use my track saw all that often and cut laminate even less often so it's no big deal to me.

Latest posts

Back