• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lidl DIY tools 6th June

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the gloves/gauntlet replies and suggestions, chaps.
Bewildering array of options around! Leather, kevlar, zircon-encrusted, etc.! Hence the question to folk who actually use them/know what they're talking about!
In the meantime, I couldn't help but look at one of those "10 Best X in 2021" sites - I'm assuming money changes hands in order to access their list, but they do list any pro's and con's... Would you believe that the only con on one of the pairs tested was that the blue colour "was liable to fading"?!
Sorry, but I understood that I was trying to join 2 bits of metal together, rather than appear on a catwalk as a fashion animal!
Thanks again, boys.

Forgive the intrusion here, but I've just scored a Parkside welder from Lidl as well, so was watching/reading your observations/comments about Sploo's ongoing story. (Well done, that man! Mine's still in the box!)
I'm in the same boat - absolutely no experience, plus a better half who has raised an eyebrow about the purchase.
I splashed out on one of the auto helmets as well, but gave little - no - thought to what else would be needed.
Gloves.
Turned to a well-known auction site, but wasn't ready for the 7 million choices that faced me!
Nothing better than getting advice from the experts, please, so...?!
Thanks in advance...
The main thing is don't wear anything synthetic, or any spatter or sparks can melt it. So decent weight cotton or denim overalls or jacket and leather gauntlets.

Back