Parkside router!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homeless Squirrel

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone had a go or had one of the Parkside routers Parkside Router - at Lidl UK For the grand sum of £44.99
Worth a go with as say's does both 1/4 and 1/2" plus comes with bits or avoid?

I do have a Gadget which came from B&Q in the Blue and Orange range which was better gear comes in a case it's a variable speed body and comes with various holders circle cutter..Mini disc/angle grinder/sander.Roto zipp.Mega Long hosed Dremel that comes with various sized chucks(Used Burrs and polished and ported a Cylinder head for Ford Pinto)also a router body in 1/4" so maybe just use that to play with?

as say's does both 1/4 and 1/2"
Are you sure it says 1/4 and 1/2?
Description by the link you shared has this
  • Includes 6 piece router bit set for wood Suitable for standard routers with a 6 or 8mm shank (e.g. Parkside
  • Tool holder: 6 and 8mm
i.e. it supports neither 1/4 nor 1/2

Are you sure it says 1/4 and 1/2?
Description by the link you shared has this
  • Includes 6 piece router bit set for wood Suitable for standard routers with a 6 or 8mm shank (e.g. Parkside
  • Tool holder: 6 and 8mm
i.e. it supports neither 1/4 nor 1/2
Ho well maybe can put a screwdriver bit in it?
Well found 6 and 8mm bits for it and read many seem to use them now day's rather than just 1/4 and 1/2 but was late when i caught this on email so thought would ask if ok?
But not to worry

Anyone had a go or had one of the Parkside routers
I have that router but it didn’t come with an exclamation mark.

It has done all that I have asked of it for light DIY - round overs and channels. Purchased a 12pc set of 8mm shank S&R router bits (216 901 012). Also I take, where appropriate, several passes to get to the required depth/shape.

Looked at it in The Middle of Lidl a couple of hours ago. Says 6mm and 8mm on the box.

Back