Lidl drill bit sharpener

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at that thinking it might worth a punt. Hate to think what I have spent on drill bits over the years. I freehand sharpen the larger bits but it's never as good as new and I cant get it right on 5mm and less bits.

Well for twenty quid, it any gonna break the bank, but it will depend on what drills you want to sharpen.

I think the humble twist drill is the most under rated machine tools we use, there is a lot of cleaver stuff behind how drills are designed. Commercial drill sharpening machines are quiet complex and have to grind both the primary relief and the secondary relief facets as well as the rake.

My preference is to sharpen the bigger drills by hand, it’s a bit like learning to roller skate, get it wrong and you’re on your buttocks. Chuck the smaller drill in the bin and buy new.

i have one. had it at least a year.

its fiddly on small drills. but i find its good for between 4 and 8mm. Although I dont think a tool making engineer would be happy, its fine for general purpose.

Back