Quantcast

Lidl doing LED battens

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Rorschach

Agent Provocateur
Reaction score
Not a bad price, shame they only output about 50-60% of a similarly sized fluorescent lamp though.

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
Any one know how to work out LED ratings and what lumens equate to in watts or however it works?

flying haggis

Established Member
Reaction score
Rorschach":k37d3mdv said:
Not a bad price, shame they only output about 50-60% of a similarly sized fluorescent lamp though.
i replaced some flourescent tubes in the utility and kitchen for led tubes and I think they are brighter

Bm101

Lean into the curve.
Reaction score
If they are the same as the ones I bought previously I fitted 3 to one side of the shed. To save money I fitted 3 panel lights I got free from an office ripout on the other side 2 non led bulbs in each. Wish to God I'd just stumped for 3 more lights. Or 6. Or 10 wired in sequence ideally for shed mood lighting. It's one of those costs you put off but makes a HUGE difference on a day to day basis.
Completely biased unscientific non lumen based opinion. One half of the shed is bathed in light . The other is ok in practice but hindsight is 20/20. For a garden shed setup they are fine. I also have a lidl worklight on a bungee cord for f#%k me direct brightness with a few hooks positioned about the shed roof in strategic positions. It works fine for me but it's a bit Bodgitt, Leggit and Willy Knockit. Be lovely to have proper lights. And extraction. And strippers.
Still.
We manage.
:D

whatknot

Established Member
Reaction score
We have an entrance with a flight of stairs, it had a 4ft florescent fitting

Got fed up with the flick flick flick on and having to change starters or tubes, so thought I would try an LED batten instead

It was £25 delivered, the difference is very marked , the expression "its like a chip shop in here" springs to mind, instant light on the switch on

Same length but using a stated 70% less energy than the flo fitting , but its way brighter

I will check these lidl ones out as I need two more to replace flo fittings in my store come workshop