Lidl LED light strip

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1696825075247.png

Lidls have 2ft led batten fittings in store at present for £7.99 they might be a better solution than a fragile strip.
Of course Lidl NI and Lidl UK might have different offers at different times.

1696838357795.png

Lidls have 2ft led batten fittings in store at present for £7.99 they might be a better solution than a fragile strip.

View attachment 167683
Thanks.

Yeah Lidl.ni seems to get lumped in with Lide.ie

I suppose it makes sense logistically.

View attachment 167683
Those look handy.I could do with something like that directly over my bench.Can they be added to the same circuit as a couple of fluorescent tubes?I intend to replace the tubes with LED conversions when they expire,but don't really want to bin them while they work.I think I'd have to pay to dump them in any case.

Search LED battens on eBay.
I used a combination of 1200mm and 1500mm to form a continuous rectangle, on the ceiling, about 900mm in from the white walls of my garage/workshop. This uses the white walls to give a shadow free light in the whole space.

Those look handy.I could do with something like that directly over my bench.Can they be added to the same circuit as a couple of fluorescent tubes?I intend to replace the tubes with LED conversions when they expire,but don't really want to bin them while they work.I think I'd have to pay to dump them in any case.
Yes of course they can be added to the same cct as existing lights. They could also just have a flex with a plug fitted.
I have a couple of 4 way light fittings, the sort of thing that was all rage with 50w halogen bulbs in the shed. I have them fitted with led GU10 bulbs ,wired to a plug and plugged into a handy socket.

Back