Leytool drills

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the crank comes off by undoing the nut in the centre with a spanner with two pips on it like an angle grinder.

Simon

If you haven't got the requisite spanner (They must have a proper name?) then needle-nosed pliers can sometimes work.

Genius! Needlenosed pliers!

I had thought the bit in the middle was a nut type thing and I got an adjustable pin wrench for the job, but the pins were too big.

Thanks for the replies. I will report back in due course, either with a nicely disassembled drill, a broken window through which said still assembled drill made it's exit or with a classified ad for a small Leytool drill!

Feel free to bet among yourselves as to the outcome......

Best wishes,

El. :D

andy king":3jltsph6 said:
Alf":3jltsph6 said:
If you haven't got the requisite spanner (They must have a proper name?) then needle-nosed pliers can sometimes work.

They are known as pin spanners.
Darn it, it was too obvious. #-o :lol: Thanks, Andy.

Good luck, El. Maybe pad the plier jaws if there's room, or you can chew up the holes in the nut.

Scouse":7fb7z1f6 said:
Genius! Needlenosed pliers!

I had thought the bit in the middle was a nut type thing and I got an adjustable pin wrench for the job, but the pins were too big.

Thanks for the replies. I will report back in due course, either with a nicely disassembled drill, a broken window through which said still assembled drill made it's exit or with a classified ad for a small Leytool drill!

Feel free to bet among yourselves as to the outcome......

Best wishes,

El. :D

If you have parallel-jawed pliers, you can grip the needle-nosed ones, to avoid straining the box-joint* when you twist them. Also, check (or guess) the direction of rotation - might be left-hand thread in this context.

Cheers, E.

*you do have 'nice' pliers, don't you?

You don't need any flashy pliers, just two small screwdrivers, get someone to hold the screwdrivers vertically in the hole and put a lever in between them. Hold the whole arrangement together and turn.

If you have one of those podgers with a cranked end you can just cross that across the screwdriver.

Simon

No elves? Must be the economy model...

Glad you got into it all right - I will now lose sleep until I know it's back together again, you do know that? :wink:

Scouse":ir4fp8of said:
I was hoping for a colony of elves to be operating the internal mechanism with magic and a system of tiny treadmills controlled by the elves and run as a worker co-operative where the workforce retains majority voting rights (exercised on a one-member one-vote basis).

Fantastic!

BugBear

Latest posts

Back