LEAST LIKED WOODWORKING TASKS!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Robinson

Established Member
Reaction score
I would be quite interested to hear what everyones least liked woodworking tasks are!!!

Personally speaking, for me it has to be sanding!!!

This is going to sound a bit weird but I hate the assembly stage!

Once I've got all the problems solved and it's a matter of gluing it all together I've lost interest and I'm looking for the next challenge.

For me it's trying to find the tool I really need but can't find because I've forgotten where I've put it! (hence I now have about 5 mesuring tapes!!)

Most hated task has to be cleaning up the workshop,
Closely followed by making jigs.

In fact I might reverse those seeing as I refuse to make jigs (a shooting board is not a jig - its a tool :) and I hated making it but it had to be done) but I do sweep up every now and again.

Cheers Mike

For me it only takes a few seconds but i hate changing the belts on my combi machine , from saw to planer and then back again. Must buy separates but its space saving.

I always tell my students that gluing up is a fifteen minute opportunity to ruin days or weeks of work.

This is why a dry run or full dress rehearsal is so important.

Cleaning the workshop is one thing but I find my own bench top almost insuperable, mainly because of lack of storage space and too many tools.

David

Back