Lean green jigsaw machine.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
Still they are taking over!

This was a bit of a must buy rather than I wanted to buy. Got a lot of scribing to do and under my only buy good tools rule it had to be a Festool. Who'd have known a jigsaw could be so interesting. Tool-less blade removal and it has strobing LED's that sync to the blade so it appears as if its not moving.

That looks like the dogs cahunas Chems! :lol:

Very nice piece of kit, are you going to do a review of it or has someone already done that (no doubt)?

I might have to also "must" buy one of these sometime soon! :D

There's a few reviews on the net. I have only ever a cheapish jigsaw so this should be a big step up!

Next on the list is either TS55 or a T15.

PeterBassett":z2xqafwj said:
I'm not surprised. Did that avatar animation take long? :lol:

About an hour or so, you can download some freeware from the internet that tell you how you want to overlap the picters with a time frame

Making it was a whole lot simpler then I had initially expected

About the jigsaw, i would have also gone for one with a D handle

I do have Festool gear - but my Metabo jigsaw has tool less change, admittedly it doesn't have a LED\light, but the several hundred pounds worth of difference - does make me wonder exactly what more does it do than my Metabo (other than empty my pockets quicker).

Dibs

Ok i'm a cheap scape i all mine is bosch (well the wife works for them and gets me great discount) so as much as i would love one of these i am stuck with Bosch for the next 20 years until she retires

Chems

Nice gloat but I'm afraid I'm going to have to burst your bubble. I to have the jig saw and I have to say that although its a nice colour its not worth few hundred pounds more than other makes.

What it does have that others are lacking in is good dust extraction, but is this worth the extra money, that's up to the purchaser, myself I don't think so.

I have been following the threads on Festool with interest and being the happy owner of 12 loaded systainers, I feel that the most important thing about Festool has only been lightly touched on. That is the excellent dust extraction on all its tools, there is no other company out there that has put the amount of thought into this issue.

Therefore its the green and black tools for me.

That is the excellent dust extraction on all its tools, there is no other company out there that has put the amount of thought into this issue.

Musta been having a word with that dyson blokey? :)

I have a green and black jigsaw with tool-less blade change and an LED light too.... and it's NOT a Festool!! :shock: :D

You didnt go for the full kit with the extra bits in another systainer then ?

They are nice jigsaws I like the idea of the removable base that you can change and the variable angle base and the circle jig etc etc . There are loads of good gadgets and ideas with these new 400's.

Waka":3gterpbv said:
What it does have that others are lacking in is good dust extraction, but is this worth the extra money, that's up to the purchaser, myself I don't think so.

Thats the whole reason for changing, my current jigsaw doesn't have any dust extraction, and I can't use that in peoples homes.

Its a lovely saw, only done a few cuts with it but it cuts very quickly.

I didn't get the full kit, mainly because I'm not sure I'll need all that other stuff but if I do you can buy it separately after or as you need it.

RussianRouter":381xrvdg said:
That is the excellent dust extraction on all its tools, there is no other company out there that has put the amount of thought into this issue.

You reckon?

Festool = Quality

Dyson = Pineapple

:lol:

Chems

I am one of the biggest Festool fans & i got the Carvex when it first came out. It turns out there is some problems with it. If you do a search over on the Festool Owners Group you will see what i mean. On my own jigsaw, if you hold the body & try to twist the base, it moves sideways. But worse than that, when cutting a curve the blade keeps jumping out of the "v" holding the blade in place lower down. Now this is not a one off & i belive Festool is aware of it but if i were you i would check yours.

All the best, Woodguy.

Festool tools are Green and Dark Blue, and they get a bit miffed when people say it's black. :lol:

The Carvex is an excellent tool, I have the PSB300 (D handle type) and wish I had waited until the Carvex was released, if I get the chance I will get a Carvex barrel grip as they are easier to use when scribing skirting or cornice.
You also get far less blade wander than with any other jigsaw I have used, and even less again when using the Festool glod coloured blades, they are actually thicker than other makes (and make a perfect replacement for the blade in my Leatherman Surge, all others are too thin to set well) : A couple of weeks back I had to trim some 4" Iroko cills and used the jigsaw and got consistent straight and square cuts that required minimal hand sanding. I have also used it with the guide rail attachment to trim a reclaimed door to width, it had so many panel pins in the stiles :duno: I decided not to risk the blade in the TS55, jigsaw off and a quick show of the belt sander, job done. One knackered blade worth a couple of quid and no damage to the circular saw blade.
Part of the price of this company's tools covers the amount of time invested in R+D, some tools take over 5 years before release, and the fact they are usable in the system that adds more flexibility to them.
Oh! the Carvex uses a brushless motor, how much do other companies charge for new brushes?
Nice bit of kit Chems, enjoy, I know I would. :D
Rob.

I did read that on the FOG. Unfortunately this will only be getting very light use, so I'm hoping I never find these problems out for myself. I've probably used my existing jig saw about 6 times in 3 years. But had to get one for scribing fitted furniture want the top model.

Shane":hobpmbj7 said:
RussianRouter":hobpmbj7 said:

You reckon?

Festool = Quality

Dyson = Pineapple

:lol:

Too right!

Its a delight if you have to 'service' (read 'unblock') an upright one in a household where most of the women have long hair. I have 'enjoyed' unblocking drains more!

Not only is the mother-in-law's Dyson perhaps the worst bit of industrial design I've ever seen, it's expensive too, and, despite popular belief, cyclones were in use, (for grain separating and sawdust), for decades before a Dyson ever sucked at anything. I think the patent (for grain) goes back to C19th.

And I believe they're now made in the far east. They used to be made in Swindon, as quite a few redundant staff there will testify. 'Go figure,' as the Yanks say.

Sometimes, I get quite left wing, me...

Well, correct me if i am wrong but scribing involves tight curves ! My carvex will not do this due to the blade jumping out of the guides. I love the full range of Festool's but this one has some fundamental flaws. Shame as it is the best jigsaw i have seen & that includes Mafell also.

Woodguy.

Back