lcd computer screen problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recommend boiled linseed oil. If that doesn't work check the cables are attached properly. If that doesn't work see if you can't borrow another monitor or try your monitor on a different PC with a view to identifying if it is an issue with your monitor or a graphics card/PC/elsewhere issue.

Your monitor lead is falling out of the back of the computer.... or out of the back of the monitor.

If possible, try the LCD with a friends PC to see if it's monitor or graphics card with the problem.

So is that to say that you tried the monitor on a different PC and it still misbehaves? If that's the case then your options are going to be limited. If the video cable is non-captive (ie it's got a plug at both ends, one for the computer and one for the monitor) then I'd turn my attentions to getting a new cable and see if that helps. If it's a captive cable (permanently attached to the monitor with just the 1 plug for attaching at the computer end) then you might have to think about returning it for repair.

Ouch.

If there are just a few pixels affected then it may be that the manufacturer will maintain that this is normal. Manufacturing tolerances with these devices allows for a certain number of pixels to fail.

If there are a large number of pixels affected then you may have to renew the monitor, but if it is only a year old I would ask the shop to replace or repair it under warranty.

regards

Brian

yes i tried it on a laptop and its the same but the pixels are all ok its after its been on a couple of minutes some of the colours go a bit like the colour of oil in water if you know what i mean :)

yellow_lamborghini_2406":bwyi7gp9 said:
and the warranty has just run out :(

There are arguments in some quarters that say some products should not last just for the 12 months of the warranty. You may have a case that if the monitor only lasted for 1 year then it must have been faulty when you bought it because it is reasonable to expect it to last much longer than this.

Just a thought - do you know any friendly lawyers?

regards

Brian

no i dont know any lawyers but i'm getting a new lg monitor today so it sould last a bit longer i hope :wink: anyway i think the one i got now is just a cheap one because it dont say what make it is :?

Back