latest attempt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scroller frank

Established Member
Reaction score
just to show that although it has been quiet on the srolling forum ,
work goes on in the background!!
this is my latest attempt.
toys014.jpg

well it keeps me out of the pub don't it ? ( ignore the date , don't know what went wrong there!!) :oops:

------------------Frank----------------

Dig those beauties, now thats what I call serious boy toy construction.

They are little beauties :) . Where did you get the patterns, Frank? I've got some old Richard Blizzard books with similar types of projects and always thought that one day I might have a go at cutting his model Rolls Royce. It's the only way I'll ever own a car like that :lol: !

It would be interesting to see you work through one of these projects with photographs of key stages and techniques.

Gill

Excellent Frank!
I've handled this, and it's even better in the flesh (as it were).
Everything moves!
All t needs is a little motor to start digging....
Bruce

Hi All,
Thanks you all for your comments,
Gill, the pattern is from a book by Luc St-Amour, called realistic construction models.
Dom, The main tracks shapes are cut from 1 1/2" ply( 2x 3/4" stuck together) the cleats are of thin hard wood strips found at B&Q !!!
cut into 1 1/2"pieces,sanded and placed individualy/equaly spaced arround
the main track , all 72 of them !!! :roll: 3 at a b%$&dy time, otherwise they moooove :( :(
when i win the lotto i'll have a real one :D :D boys toys ?? :roll: :roll:
i have just finished this one today! no cab insides yet ,
toys012-1.jpg

next time i will rember to take a few W I P photos.
the wheels took me nearly as long to make as the tracks .
Beware : this is what happens when you have no telly !!! :-k

Wow :shock:

I think this one is better than the other two - and I was impressed by them !
Excellent work :D

Andrew

have to agree with the others frank, brilliant stuff, and as you know yourself, i too have seen these models and they are something else. Well done mate.

Absolutely Superb- they must have taken ages. - I know that my little one (and me too) would love to get her hands on one of those - The thrid one is my favorite.

Hi keith,
The wheeled loader is about 16 " long and stands 6ish" tall,
the others are similar .
I make these things because i enjoy doing them, ,I have to keep my hands busy. (sad old beggar ! :roll: )
i think it's a man thing --wheels ,tracks engines---y know :D :D

I was just looking at one of Luc St-Amour's books when I came home from work today, and here you have some of the models featured in them!

I was given two of his books about four years ago, but have not made any of his designs - have made afew of the Gordon Warr/Hobbies trucks in the past for my son when he was small - he's 22 now :shock:

Great stuff there, makes me want to get the bandsaw busy on something smaller than 6 x 2s!

Dave.

I really like the models and have yet to give them a try. Some time ago I tried to get the ex involved in them/scrolling and I think I've a couple books on them and some blueprints for a Hummer around here somewhere.

I imagine once you get started with the models, it would be a hobby all its own.

Nice work!

Latest posts

Back