Quantcast
  • We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Last kitchen of the year

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

doctor Bob

Established Member
Joined
22 Jun 2011
Messages
3,700
Reaction score
267
Location
Matching Green
Hi,
We actually finished this kitchen about a month ago but I only got around to taking pictures today.
Painted and walnut with aluminium trim.
AEG appliances with down draft extractor.
I particularly like the floating look of the hob run.
All the units are drawers where possible with another internal drawer above.

Arty farty shot


Floating cabinets


We had a steel framework made up to support the run as it's quite heavy with the composite stone on top


Island shot, Abode tap


Walnut breakfast bar 60mm thick


Downdraft extractor, AEG works very well, nice and quiet


Another arty shot
 

Blister

Established Member
Joined
10 Nov 2006
Messages
6,652
Reaction score
68
Very sleek :mrgreen:

:deer :ho2 :deer
 

devonwoody

Established Member
Joined
11 Apr 2004
Messages
13,460
Reaction score
3
Location
Paignton Devon
Nice and clean design.

BTW, looking at the chairs, shouldn't the footrail be on the front, yours appear to be at the rear?
 

Dee J

Established Member
Joined
24 Jan 2006
Messages
258
Reaction score
20
Location
West Devon
devonwoody":3ldgkpoh said:
Nice and clean design.

BTW, looking at the chairs, shouldn't the footrail be on the front, yours appear to be at the rear?
Take a closer look - the chairs seem to have rails front and rear (for some unknown reason). Under the table the rails from the opposing chairs have overlapped giving the impression of a single rail.

Dee
 

doctor Bob

Established Member
Joined
22 Jun 2011
Messages
3,700
Reaction score
267
Location
Matching Green
devonwoody":3g0jpq2a said:
BTW, looking at the chairs, shouldn't the footrail be on the front, yours appear to be at the rear?
We don't buy their accessories :lol: :lol:
 

devonwoody

Established Member
Joined
11 Apr 2004
Messages
13,460
Reaction score
3
Location
Paignton Devon
doctor Bob":3m1whdp8 said:
devonwoody":3m1whdp8 said:
BTW, looking at the chairs, shouldn't the footrail be on the front, yours appear to be at the rear?
We don't buy their accessories :lol: :lol:

Are you saying you did not supply the chairs?
 

doctor Bob

Established Member
Joined
22 Jun 2011
Messages
3,700
Reaction score
267
Location
Matching Green
devonwoody":196uyjva said:
doctor Bob":196uyjva said:
devonwoody":196uyjva said:
BTW, looking at the chairs, shouldn't the footrail be on the front, yours appear to be at the rear?
We don't buy their accessories :lol: :lol:

Are you saying you did not supply the chairs?
Yes, only interior designers are qualified enough for those sort of purchases along with the bowl of oranges :lol:
 

RogerM

Established Member
Joined
4 Mar 2006
Messages
1,274
Reaction score
2
Location
Devon
Cracking job Bob. Never even heard of a downdraft extractor before. Any good? Any advantages/disadvantages over the hood type?
 

doctor Bob

Established Member
Joined
22 Jun 2011
Messages
3,700
Reaction score
267
Location
Matching Green
Well advantages are,
you can place a hob in front of a window but mainly they are used on islands so the extractor doesn't have to be a hangy down one which is a bit of an eyesore.
They are very quiet.
Have to be careful with gas hobs, need to be 70mm from hob normally otherwise they can extinguish the flame.

Downside is price, this one was just under £2000 which is a cheaper model, can go up to £5000.

As a side note, appliances can be mental prices, I have just quoted £12500 for a sub zero fridge and £13000 for a Wolf range cooker :shock:
 

RogerM

Established Member
Joined
4 Mar 2006
Messages
1,274
Reaction score
2
Location
Devon
doctor Bob":1xw4s0yi said:
Well advantages are,
you can place a hob in front of a window but mainly they are used on islands so the extractor doesn't have to be a hangy down one which is a bit of an eyesore.
They are very quiet.
Have to be careful with gas hobs, need to be 70mm from hob normally otherwise they can extinguish the flame.

Downside is price, this one was just under £2000 which is a cheaper model, can go up to £5000.

As a side note, appliances can be mental prices, I have just quoted £12500 for a sub zero fridge and £13000 for a Wolf range cooker :shock:
Blimey! And there was me thinking I was pushing the boat out paying £450 for an extractor! :oops:
 

Max Power

Established Member
Joined
26 Mar 2007
Messages
1,759
Reaction score
11
Location
County Durham
Does the ducting create any problems Bob? Im presuming youve took this one straight out the wall which could be awkward where you have an open window above (although not in this case as theyre all fixed lights) I bet an island one could be awkward, having to route it under the floor
 

doctor Bob

Established Member
Joined
22 Jun 2011
Messages
3,700
Reaction score
267
Location
Matching Green
Alan Jones":297qydfe said:
Does the ducting create any problems Bob? Im presuming youve took this one straight out the wall which could be awkward where you have an open window above (although not in this case as theyre all fixed lights) I bet an island one could be awkward, having to route it under the floor
Here we took it along the plinth line then out the wall.
In an island it can be difficult but usually water and electric has to be run to an island so there is the opportunity to run ducting at that point or alternatively the air can be recycled through carbon filters.

The extractors are a bit like icebergs they are quite big with most of it below the granite.
 
Top