Last kitchen of the year

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
We actually finished this kitchen about a month ago but I only got around to taking pictures today.
Painted and walnut with aluminium trim.
AEG appliances with down draft extractor.
I particularly like the floating look of the hob run.
All the units are drawers where possible with another internal drawer above.

Arty farty shot
dsc0160m.jpg

Floating cabinets
dsc0144fd.jpg

We had a steel framework made up to support the run as it's quite heavy with the composite stone on top
dsc0168wv.jpg

Island shot, Abode tap
dsc0145lz.jpg

Walnut breakfast bar 60mm thick
dsc0166jjg.jpg

Downdraft extractor, AEG works very well, nice and quiet
dsc0151ai.jpg

Another arty shot
dsc0141fj.jpg

Nice and clean design.

BTW, looking at the chairs, shouldn't the footrail be on the front, yours appear to be at the rear?

devonwoody":3ldgkpoh said:
Nice and clean design.

BTW, looking at the chairs, shouldn't the footrail be on the front, yours appear to be at the rear?

Take a closer look - the chairs seem to have rails front and rear (for some unknown reason). Under the table the rails from the opposing chairs have overlapped giving the impression of a single rail.

Dee

devonwoody":3g0jpq2a said:

We don't buy their accessories :lol: :lol:

devonwoody":196uyjva said:
doctor Bob":196uyjva said:
devonwoody":196uyjva said:

We don't buy their accessories :lol: :lol:

Are you saying you did not supply the chairs?

Yes, only interior designers are qualified enough for those sort of purchases along with the bowl of oranges :lol:

Cracking job Bob. Never even heard of a downdraft extractor before. Any good? Any advantages/disadvantages over the hood type?

Well advantages are,
you can place a hob in front of a window but mainly they are used on islands so the extractor doesn't have to be a hangy down one which is a bit of an eyesore.
They are very quiet.
Have to be careful with gas hobs, need to be 70mm from hob normally otherwise they can extinguish the flame.

Downside is price, this one was just under £2000 which is a cheaper model, can go up to £5000.

As a side note, appliances can be mental prices, I have just quoted £12500 for a sub zero fridge and £13000 for a Wolf range cooker :shock:

doctor Bob":1xw4s0yi said:
Well advantages are,
you can place a hob in front of a window but mainly they are used on islands so the extractor doesn't have to be a hangy down one which is a bit of an eyesore.
They are very quiet.
Have to be careful with gas hobs, need to be 70mm from hob normally otherwise they can extinguish the flame.

Downside is price, this one was just under £2000 which is a cheaper model, can go up to £5000.

As a side note, appliances can be mental prices, I have just quoted £12500 for a sub zero fridge and £13000 for a Wolf range cooker :shock:

Blimey! And there was me thinking I was pushing the boat out paying £450 for an extractor! :oops:

Does the ducting create any problems Bob? Im presuming youve took this one straight out the wall which could be awkward where you have an open window above (although not in this case as theyre all fixed lights) I bet an island one could be awkward, having to route it under the floor

Alan Jones":297qydfe said:
Does the ducting create any problems Bob? Im presuming youve took this one straight out the wall which could be awkward where you have an open window above (although not in this case as theyre all fixed lights) I bet an island one could be awkward, having to route it under the floor

Here we took it along the plinth line then out the wall.
In an island it can be difficult but usually water and electric has to be run to an island so there is the opportunity to run ducting at that point or alternatively the air can be recycled through carbon filters.

The extractors are a bit like icebergs they are quite big with most of it below the granite.

Latest posts

Back