Know any clever b*****s

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BECKS

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I am trying to find somebody to make a pair of curvy fenders, mudguards to you and me for an old ford pick up truck. In the southern part if possible.
Many Thanks

Hi

Look up coachbuilders and vehicle restorers in your area and find one who knows how to use an English wheel

Regards Mick

Spindle":1ns7hn5i said:
Hi

Look up coachbuilders and vehicle restorers in your area and find one who knows how to use an English wheel

Regards Mick

They'll also know how to charge :)

BugBear

This is big job and there are few craftsmen around with either the skills or tools these days. I would hazard a guess that importing them from the USA is likely to be cheaper.

Might be worth looking for a Morgan dealer in your area. The one near where we used to live did a lot of restoration on old Morgans, and had a wheeling machine which his "lad" knew how to use! Unlikely to be cheap, but possibly cheaper than the real vintage restoration guys.

+1 Langy's work is beautiful

Hello Hitch - small world :) (should have mentioned by user name is brewdexta on t'other site!)

Cheers
Andy

Back