kity combi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clewlowm

Established Member
Reaction score
good evening all. has anyone taken a 5 function bestcombi to bits? its the new model and i wish to make it easier to transport. many thanks mike

I've had the planer off mine a couple of times, there are about six M6 nut & bolts that you can get at easily around the thicknesser. Then you need to remove the side panel under the sliding carrage rail which will give you access to six larger bolts, three each that go through two 30x30 angel irons. You can then just pull the planer/thicknesser off the side and unplug the wiring.

Worth knowing how to do if you need to replace planer belts or the grooved plastic pully comes loose on teh motor shaft :(

Jason

Mike, whatever you do decide, dont take the tables off the planer or be tempted to use the tables as convenient handles during transportation.

Resetting the tables to get the machine to cut square, flat and true is exacting tedious work in the extreme.

Bob

thanks for that bob. although i think the seller of the machine has already moved it by using the table :cry: . just thinking that i could separate the 2 halves of the machine.

If the deal is not done yet then joint two boards and see if they form a parallel joint. If they don't, then moving the machine by the tables has affected the accuracy and it needs setting up again. Set aside a few hours and adjust the price accordingly.

Bob

Mike,
I'm not familar with the best combi (mine is an older model) but I can't see any disadvantages of splitting the machine as you suggest.

A better way to move a P/T is by slotting a couple of timbers through the thicknesser and carry it with two people like a sedan chair so the weight bears on the middle of the machine.

Good Luck

Bob

bob. i have i heavy duty high lift pallet truck to move the machine. should be quite easy, would like to split it down so i can move it into its new home by myself.

just an update/ managed to get machine into new home in by splitting it. also got 18 pair of new freud cutters and new block for the spindle, aswell as brand new lyndhurst twin bag extractor for £300.

Hi,

Wow thats a very good price, mine was nearly £1600.

Pete

Back