KIty 419 & 439

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedmc571

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

does anyone have these machines, looking for smaller machines for a 17 X 7 garage workshop, so size is important ( so the wife tells me )

I've heard a little about the saw, but I beleive the extraction is pants !

Any alternatives?

Same question about the Thicknesser please

Jed

I have the Axminster TS200 - a clone of the Kity 419. It is a great little saw - I'm sure the Kity will be just as good, if not better.

It does take up a fair bit more room than I first thought - around 1m x 1.4m once fully built and the extraction isn't great but it works well enough for me.

They are great little machines (I have both). The extraction on the K419 can be improved about 200% by making a hopper underneath the saw (you need to remove all the internal gubbins first though), plugging up all or most of the holes in the cabinet and making a zero tol insert plate. I can now cut mdf with little or no dust present afterwards...this is with extraction from the hopper and crown guard. The only downside to both machines now for me is the limited capacity which is 200mm for both (200mm blade on the saw and 200mm width of planing on the p/t) - Rob

Hi Jed

I have the Kity 419 saw

I’ve had mine for just over three years with no problems,, oh and it was second hand

i have built a draw unit around it and mounted it on wheels so it makes it easy to shift
Like Woodbloke said the rear extraction can be improved but if you hook it up with a dust extraction unit it’s not too bad
Like all saws you will notice a difference if you fit decent blades
It’s a great saw

Jed

I know I PM'd you but I will reply here for the benefit of anyone reading later.

I love the Kity 439 Planner I bought, it produces a really nice clean cut from the planner, the thicknesser does leave slight marks from the rollers but nothing very much. It is also quite and that is something I need to consider as my workshop is attached to the house on the boundary with my neighbours.

I got mine from ebay. If anyone else has one is there any chance of a photocopy of their user manual?

Mick

The manual on both K machines ain't worth the paper it's printed on (like a lot of them)...a little bit of care and common sense is all that's needed to set them up - Rob

Back