Kitty 613 handsaw wheel position

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grifta75

Reaction score
Hi folks
I bought a kity 613 bandsaw last year which I barely used. I've dug it out to use recently but I've noticed that when I've positioned the blade 1/3 off of the wheel at the top the blade is roughly 1/4 inch offset further out on the bottom wheel.
I've read about shimming the wheel so they are aligned but when I take the circlip off of the wheel, the wheel had seized on and won't come off.
Has anyone experienced this or does anyone know a workaround to fix it?
Thanks

I would try cutting with it before you shim anything. There is no need for the blade to be equal on the wheels- that is how the tracking adjustment works

I have the exact same bandsaw, the blade tracks exactly as you describe, never had a problem (besides a user one).

As an aside... the Kity 613 doesn't have crowned wheels, before anyone asks why the blade sits off the front of the wheel. :) Y'can't run 'em in the middle.

It's a long time since I had my Kity but is there not a way to adjust the tracking on the lower wheel. I have some vague recollection of some bolts you you could adjust to change it. Mine certainly ran true and always set it up per the Kity instructions with the teeth just off the front of the tyre in spite of the general view on how to set up tracking on here.

Edit.
Yes there is a means to adjust the lower wheels tracking. Have a scroll down through this and you should be able to make out 4 adjustment bolts on the back of the lower wheels axle https://www.flickr.com/photos/mercian/s ... 064650720/

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was worried it was a goner but youve put my mind at ease. Ill give the instructions a look through and get it set up properly.
Thanks again

The other good news is that Kity (in my opinion) is good kit. I haven't had a bandsaw, but have had a couple of their table saws.

marcros":x428hs9o said:
The other good news is that Kity (in my opinion) is good kit. I haven't had a bandsaw, but have had a couple of their table saws.

You not wrong there marcos.

I really rate the 613 and if I had room for two bandsaws would still have one for lighter duties.

Latest posts

Back