Kitten

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sooty

Established Member
Reaction score
Found some free line drawing/clipart on the web and downloaded a few one that particulary took my eye was of a kitten so I loaded it in photoshop and had a play didn't have to do much to it just make sure there were no floaters.

Phil

I'm new to scrolling but very much like the idea of making these sort of pictures. I think I can get hold of paintshop pro relatively easily. How complex is the process to convert a photo to something suitable for scrolling please. I understand the need to make sure whole chunks don't fall out, but what else do I need to do to turn it into a line drawing.

TIA

Bob

For some reason, Phil, I can't get your picture to appear - I get an error message when I right-click on it to open in another window, too :( . Perhaps it'll be visible if I try later.

Bob - although I can't see Phil's picture, (I hope it isn't a pattern - they're verbotten [-( !) I get the impression you're interested in shadow portraits. We discussed this recently here. If you can get PSP, you'll be laughing with Andy Deane's tutorial.

Gill

Thanks Gill,

I will try that out when I get home from holiday. Currently I am concentrating on reducing the French wine lake and the cheese & pate mountains for another week or so. A worthwhile cause i'm sure you will agree!

Bob

Gill I Cannot understand why you are not seeing the image works fine for me
only explanation I can think of is I recently organised My Pictures into specific folders I have reloaded the pic is this any better?

9fingers I downloaded a copyright free, line drawing off the web then ran it in photoshop after reading the tutorial by Andy Deane and various others then used a combination of their techniques until I was satisfied with the result

Phil

Ah, that's better - I can see it now, Phil.

You're really getting into this pattern design malarkey, aren't you?

:)

Gill

Yes I love scrolling so much so that I am torn between scrolling and my first love of woodturning I bought a small pyrography kit must have a go at that then think of some way to incorporate all three techniques into one project?
well something to think about!
Phil

Nice pattern phil, i too have all 3 items, pyrography kit , lathe and scrollsaw but i cant stop messing about with the pens at the moment, but not managed to combine all 3 into one finished project as yet, but i'll keep trying it :wink:
nice to see another chap from notts too.

Tiggy Liggy":2ba00vqg said:
Ah Phil that is so sweet. I love cats and would like to try this one.

If you would like a copy of the line art it is available at Arthurs Clipart
http://www.arthursclipart.org/
The kitten is in the cat's section second row from bottom its called Hangin
http://www.arthursclipart.org/cats/catsbw.htm

stevebuk":2ba00vqg said:
Nice pattern phil, i too have all 3 items, pyrography kit , lathe and scrollsaw but i cant stop messing about with the pens at the moment, but not managed to combine all 3 into one finished project as yet, but i'll keep trying it
nice to see another chap from notts too.

I know what you mean if I leave the lathe alone for a week I start getting withdrawal symptoms? I cant leave bowls alone at the moment, have not tried the pyrography yet, I am not very artistic so would not know where to start with pyrography, one day I will come across a project that pushes me into using it

Phil

Back