Kerosene heater, master xl6 xl9

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradshaw Joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
Im looking to get aheater for both my workshop and the spray booth drying room, ive looked at several options and have narrowed it down to a kerosene fired infra red.

Does anyone have any words of wosdom regarding these machines? Looking at. The. Xl6 or xl9 from master.

I don't know about these heaters but I have always avoided combustion heaters in the workshop because of the amount of water vapour they produce.

I have a Sealey IR20 which is great, quiet compared to normal space heaters and warms a big area up quickly. I use it mostly to heat things up before the big oil heater gets up to speed but it does use a fair drop of fuel. Can't say I've noticed any excess moisture being a problem but the workshop is pretty big so it's hard to say.

Shug

Thanks guys,

from reading up these dont give off as much moisture as a gas burner, (obviously there is some as with all combustion) but they can be used while my extractor is on sucking all the air in the shop to the outside but keeping me warm.

im quite keen to know how much fuel it uses mr wilson, i find kerosene quite cheap tbh @£0.38ppl.

Probably a couple of litres an hour. Had mine on today and half a tank, about 7 litres, was just about done in just over 3 hours.

Shug

Latest posts

Back