Just to stir the pot, has anyone noticed...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
History puts across a balanced view, that's why I can confidently say the NHS was not only saved by Labour it was measurably better. You say you don't have opinions but you appear to object to other peoples, which gives the impression you having opposing opinions, you're not too fond of historical facts either.
If you cared to read ALL of the postings you would see that I never voiced an opinion about the details in the OP. I simply questioned why no balance had been applied to the one sided opinion.
My opinion is that those who are challenged resort to attacking anyone who questions their voracity. This being proved quite well already.
It's my opinion that this thread is therefore a waste of our time. I will not waste more of mine. I'm off to my workshop!

An irksome opinion stated innumerable times on UKWorshop is that doing this or that will invalidate your insurance, its nonsense, you have a contract with your insurance company, the only way it can be invalidated is if you lied on you application for insurance or if the claim is false, I have worked for and against the insurance Ombudsman so know a bit more than most about insurance contracts.

If you cared to read ALL of the postings you would see that I never voiced an opinion about the details in the OP. I simply questioned why no balance had been applied to the one sided opinion.
How do you know?
My opinion is that those who are challenged resort to attacking anyone who questions their veracity.
As you are doing!
This being proved quite well already.

It's my opinion that this thread is therefore a waste of our time. I will not waste more of mine. I'm off to my workshop!
cheerio!

Only 7% get private education in UK. This opens the doorway to many walks of life which these people might not otherwise reach. This accounts for the utterly second rate and untalented nature of top levels of politics, finance, law.
Has to be said they do well in the arts though. This is due to massive investment in facilities for music, theatre etc. in the bigger private schools. Meanwhile these are being severely cut back in state schools, to save expenditure on the riff-raff and allow the filthy rich to hang on to more of their ill-gotten gains and get the best jobs for their offspring.
What is it with you lefties and choice? Private education is not something confined to the rich, many parents work really hard to be able
to give their kids the option. Imagine if that 7% were suddenly in the mainstream and the government had to find the budget.

What is it with you lefties and choice? Private education is not something confined to the rich,
It is confined to the well off. The average fee is about £14000 per year per child. Top schools charge up to £50000 i.e. only for the very rich. The UK median income is about £28000 pa.

many parents work really hard to be able
to give their kids the option.
Most parents, even working really hard, would have no chance of being able to afford private education
Imagine if that 7% were suddenly in the mainstream and the government had to find the budget.
It wouldn't be "sudden" if it happened at all.
The main benefit to society would be the level playing field with success by merit rather than privilege.
Secondly would be the pressure to improve standards for all, rather than having a two tier system with 93% of the population getting underfunded and inferior facilities in so many ways.

Last edited:
Hmm " I cant afford it, so you can't have it either" So then everybody can be educated in an underfunded and inferior system. I like the logic. :giggle:
No the answer is a better funded and superior system for all, paid for by the tax payer.
The same applies to most public services.

From a Channel 4 Report this week using verified figures:
NHS performance in 2023 compared with that in 2011:

▪️x10 worse 4-hour A&E waits
▪️x13 worse 18 wk waits for care
▪️x14 worse cancer waits
▪️x16 worse 4-hour trolley waits
▪️x3,000 worse 12-hour trolley waits

IMG_5242.jpeg
IMG_5241.jpeg

Oh, don't you just love these crude statistics! And we all know how tabloid Channel 4 News can be and their ultra-left wing anti-Tory editorial basis.

Why not look at compoarable rises in figures when Labour were last in power.

Now do something a bit better and drill down to compare individual hospitals. Take a look at specific Trusts. Some are better than last year on some parameters. Some are below the overall average. So if these hospitals can do it then why can't others ?

Statistics can be used to prove any PoV.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 05.07.51.png
Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 05.08.49.png
Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 05.09.27.png

And remind me, Keith. That spike around 2020/2021. Didn't we have some sort of global medical emergency? But, hey, why let a bit of commonsense get in the way of bigotry.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not great fan of either Tory or Labour or LibDems. Or any of them TBH.

The Guardian stirring the pot!
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-politicians-lousy-managers-ruthless-moneymen"How does a great institution die? The same way as a country sinks into complacent underachievement: with false promises from its politicians, with poor management by its corporate leaders, with a lazy regulator – and moneymen who rake off as much as they can before running for the exit."

He forgets to mention the main agents in the decline of public services everywhere, i.e. the passive and depressed electorate.
We see them in this thread and others like it.
They think that change is impossible and we just have to put up with things as they are especially if it avoids taxing the better off.
Not to mention the zombie tory government (no change there) but more to the point; the disastrous ex-Labour zombie opposition.

And remind me, Keith. That spike around 2020/2021. Didn't we have some sort of global medical emergency? But, hey, why let a bit of commonsense get in the way of bigotry.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not great fan of either Tory or Labour or LibDems. Or any of them TBH.
Indeed we did and that is the cause of that temporary acceleration but what is much more telling is the huge upward trend from the base point on all metrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back