Just to stir the pot, has anyone noticed...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the best way to do it. Not worth buying it and, anyway, OL is more environmentally friendly.

Could be "know thine enemy"? Old Charley is sometimes a bit woke on the side - needs to keep a finger on the pulse of the un-woke?

the fact that the Princess of Wales loves to read the DAILY MAIL ONLINE?

Is it a fact or rumour, fact is Charly is having rear end surgery on his prostrate which is really great in that it is bringing this nasty little organ into conversation and hopefully more men will accept the finger but rumour is Catherine is having a prolapse sorted amongst a lot of other speculation so what she reads online is way down any list of interest.

I read the Daily Mail online...... What ya sayin? ... :LOL:

Last edited:
The Bellylaugh is SO right-wing, Tory-centric and well-nigh Trumpian in places, so it's out. The Grauniad is so intent on getting its Corbynite agenda laced through each article, it sort of gets boring quickly...though I do like John Craces's turn of phraseand juxtapositions when he's getting acerbic. As for the other comics, once you discard anything remotely to do with the Murdoch Spin Corporation, there is little left. One is fine, but a bit anaemic. 'The Eye' remains as perceptive and well-researched as always, shame it's not a daily.

....... The Grauniad is so intent on getting its Corbynite agenda laced through each article, .....
You obviously haven't been reading the Guardian. It was a leading campaigner against Corbyn, mainly via polly Toynbee and Jonathan Freedland, and others.
They disguise their bias by putting in odds and ends with a different point of view, to give an illusion of balance. Many have refused to write for the Guardian for that reason, notably the later David Graeber
and others cancelled subscriptions.
Guardian has always been strongly supportive of Israel and helped with the false allegations of antisemitism campaign against the left

You obviously haven't been reading the Guardian
I agree to a limited extent Jacob.; don't read the Guardian enough, fair point. I'd make the subtle distinction between Corbyn and Corbynite: the man vs his policies or political leanings. I agree with you, P.T. et al did indeed lead the charge against the man, but I suspect some of his ideas are being re-packaged in a more 'acceptable' wording, watered down, by some contemporary correspondents. I find most of the political commentary tedious, self-serving and manipulative of facts, so I ignore its existence for the most part. There have only ever been two honest politicians: Jack Ashley and Martin Bell. The rest are snake-oil salesmaen and women.

You must have a tough a—se😳
As it is online there is no actual "bum fodder" produced. :LOL: Mind you, whatever paper you read, you have to negotiate the particular bias of that publication. And, as an erstwhile reader of the "Grauniad" I am well aware of this.

Since I stopped, buying newspapers, years ago, I dip in and out of what I can find online. The Daily Mail is free to view, though others are a lot more guarded about the amount of their content you can view. Even so, there is a lot more made of news as entertainment, now. A lot more gossip, tattle and celebrity -rather than news

Whatever the biases one finds in the papers. there has to be a more reasoned and guarded approach to take, which is probably a midpoint between the opposing extremes on display.

The Bellylaugh is SO right-wing, Tory-centric and well-nigh Trumpian in places, so it's out. The Grauniad is so intent on getting its Corbynite agenda laced through each article, it sort of gets boring quickly...though I do like John Craces's turn of phraseand juxtapositions when he's getting acerbic. As for the other comics, once you discard anything remotely to do with the Murdoch Spin Corporation, there is little left. One is fine, but a bit anaemic. 'The Eye' remains as perceptive and well-researched as always, shame it's not a daily.

And Marina Hyde

You obviously haven't been reading the Guardian. It was a leading campaigner against Corbyn, mainly via polly Toynbee and Jonathan Freedland, and others.
They disguise their bias by putting in odds and ends with a different point of view, to give an illusion of balance. Many have refused to write for the Guardian for that reason, notably the later David Graeber
and others cancelled subscriptions.
Guardian has always been strongly supportive of Israel and helped with the false allegations of antisemitism campaign against the left

I was wondering how long that would take. SammyQ you hit a Jacob hot button. It's a close thing between what Starmer's done to his beloved Labour Party, and what the establishment has done to his beloved Guardian! 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back