Just to stir the pot, has anyone noticed...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how long that would take. SammyQ you hit a Jacob hot button. It's a close thing between what Starmer's done to his beloved Labour Party, and what the establishment has done to his beloved Guardian! 😄
You do trot out your convenient little cliches - neither Guardian nor Labour Party ever particularly "beloved", but both seemed to have landed on the wrong side of history somehow.

giphy.gif

Just to cheapen things, I have profound memories of Stephanie Marrian...I blame Mikebart for returning me to 1974 or so.
I had a colleague obsessed with her, but we were just teenagers ..

Just to cheapen things, I have profound memories of Stephanie Marrian...I blame Mikebart for returning me to 1974 or so.
I had a colleague obsessed with her, but we were just teenagers ..
Thank you for that comment 😜.
Do you realise how much a Pirelli calendar is worth nowadays?😳

As it is online there is no actual "bum fodder" produced. :LOL: Mind you, whatever paper you read, you have to negotiate the particular bias of that publication. And, as an erstwhile reader of the "Grauniad" I am well aware of this.

Since I stopped, buying newspapers, years ago, I dip in and out of what I can find online. The Daily Mail is free to view, though others are a lot more guarded about the amount of their content you can view. Even so, there is a lot more made of news as entertainment, now. A lot more gossip, tattle and celebrity -rather than news

Whatever the biases one finds in the papers. there has to be a more reasoned and guarded approach to take, which is probably a midpoint between the opposing extremes on display.
The Guardian is completely free with no restrictions other than having a sign in account.

Do you realise how much a Pirelli calendar is worth nowadays?

No, but they were appreciating even as they were published.

I would distinguish between my own teenage (18y.o.) lusts and my contemporary Stewart's absolute obsession with the lady. He made night-shifts bearable with his (I swear) drooling over - and holding up for us all to see - the latest Page 3 offering. We were as entertained by his hormone-driven antics as we were mildly titillated(!)** by his selection of the day.

** I blame Frankie Howard.

You obviously haven't been reading the Guardian. It was a leading campaigner against Corbyn, mainly via polly Toynbee and Jonathan Freedland, and others.
They disguise their bias by putting in odds and ends with a different point of view, to give an illusion of balance. Many have refused to write for the Guardian for that reason, notably the later David Graeber
and others cancelled subscriptions.
Guardian has always been strongly supportive of Israel and helped with the false allegations of antisemitism campaign against the left

and noticeably the BBC was in second place...

The trouble with with Left wing and Right wing views is that they represent diametrically opposed stances. though in a sense they are just two sides of the same coin Any government in power has to deal with events as they happen, so irrespective of their political stripe they have to adopt measures that are pragmatic. There has to be a reasoned debate taking into account all views and coming up with a workable solution. That either camp has " All of the answers, to all of the questions, that are plaguing our society", isn't remotely believable. And treating those with opposing views as the New Satan, is frankly, childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back