Just spotted this on ebay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, now why am I doubting that the person who took all that trouble over that chest would have half those tools in anywhere near it... Ooo, that's a stinker, that one. I'd run a long way away personally. :sick:

Cheers, Alf

I thought it was a bit expensive for a box of rust :lol: but what is the long object in the pic thats running from left to right along the length of the box?
98_12_sb.JPG

A level, I think. That is a device for checking for level, not an examination... :D Actually, no, looking again I think it's just the inside of the till. One of them optical delusions... I was side-tracked into wondering why there appeared to be a carving fork in there. :?

The annoying thing about boxes of rust like this is that there are actually a handful of tools worth the effort of cleaning up, but not at that price and simply not worth the cost of postage. Heigh ho. :(

Cheers, Alf

Jarviser":1wikcxv7 said:
I think the dodgy surform and the coal hammer just finish off the ensemble.
Do you mind; a dodgy Surform just like that was my early introduction to wood torture. I almost have fond memories of dodgy Surforms... [-( :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3m1ljlar said:
Jarviser":3m1ljlar said:
I think the dodgy surform and the coal hammer just finish off the ensemble.
Do you mind; a dodgy Surform just like that was my early introduction to wood torture. I almost have fond memories of dodgy Surforms... [-( :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Sorry - late again. What I meant was it didn't even look like a real Surform, one of which I still have (with the red bakelite handle). It too was my first "scrub" along with a wood coffin smoother, though the Surform was far more use carving a new wing (fender) on my old Vauxhall Viva from epoxy filler. I must admit my dad bought it so he could hang out the bedroom window every year and hack a bit more off the swelling window frame in situ.

Oh I dunno; looks very like the one form my youth, 'cept for the front knob, which looks a bit busted. Must still be a round here someplace... Where though...? :oops:

Cheers, Alf

it's even funnier when see this...
Postage costs: Pickup only - see item description for details

... then further down it says...
Seller's payment instructions
THE POSTAGE AND PACKING PRICE QUOTED IS FOR POST WITHIN THE U:K ONLY. OVERSEAS POSTAGE COSTS UPON REQUEST..THANKYOU

...and..

13 very nice moulding planes,also 2 have no blades but they may be in there

Talk about about confused! :lol:

Latest posts

Back