June Woodturning Challenge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henton49er

Established Member
Reaction score
The June Challenge is “A Pot Pourri Bowl and lid”. Richard Findley has kindly agreed to judge this month’s Challenge, and there will be a plaque for first place, kindly made for us by forum member Daven. Many thanks to both!! =D> =D> =D>

Challenge Requirements: “Pot Pourri Bowl and Lid”

This month’s rules are:-

The Challenge is open to anyone and everyone
Your entry must be new and made specifically for the Challenge
Entries must be made entirely of wood which to be turned on a lathe using woodturning tools
There are no maximum or minimum size restrictions
Bought in or metallic lids not allowed
Typically a pot pourri bowl is a (possibly) pierced bowl with a (definitely) pierced and loosely fitting lid.
Segmented turning, decoration, colouring, pyrography are not allowed
Piercing, hollowing and texturing are allowed, but the principal requirement is for the judge to be able to see your turning skills.

Please post 3 images of your work along with a brief note about how you made it, what tools and finishes you used, what woods you used and the entry’s dimensions etc. Please note guidance on photos given by Paul Hannaby in the thread announcing the results of the May Challenge.

1 showing a general view
1 showing a view inside both bowl and lid (side by side?)
1 showing a bottom view of the bowl

A fourth picture may be added (but is not compulsory) if needed to show any interesting details of your entry.

Image size - please use image size 640 x 480 0.3 mp, as in previous challenges

Please upload your pictures and description between 10pm on the 26th June and 10pm on the 28th June.

Please also send me a PM giving me your own opinions of 1st, 2nd and 3rd places amongst the entries (other than your own) between 10pm on 28th June and 10pm on 30th June (for me to compile the entrants’ scoring).

Any queries or questions on this month’s Challenge, please use this thread to ask.

Back