July 2012 5 Coloured rings Challenge ( Discussion thread )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I won't be taking part in the Challenge any more I tried to access the scoreboard to note this .But for some reason I can not login,so if you can do this for me I would be obliged.
Can I just tell you that for the few months I had entries in the Challenge is something that I'm glad I did.It extended my involvement in woodturning for at least 6 months which may not
seem much to anyone who can decide if they are going to turn today or leave it until next week.To me it was a Challenge which dragged me down to the Shed when it would have been easier to
just sit back and feel sorry for myself .
So those of you that can but don't and those of you that could but won't remember that I would if I could but I can't .
Best of luck and best wishes .

The challenge says

The rings can be standing up mounted on a turned base
The rings can be suspended from above ( hanging down )
The rings can be fixed to a turned backing support

but I was wondering if they can be free standing

duncanh":25gfaj12 said:
The challenge says

The rings can be standing up mounted on a turned base
The rings can be suspended from above ( hanging down )
The rings can be fixed to a turned backing support

but I was wondering if they can be free standing

Can't change the rules now so the original 3 methods will stand

Unfortunately am having to withdraw this month as work committments have left me with no time at all this month. I'm gutted that I've missed my aim of entering each month but I hope to get back into the workshop post Olympics.

Good luck everyone

Steve

After reading duncans post above, thought there may have been some ambiguity as regards my method of suspension vs the rules, so the mk11 masterpiece is now ready :) (which is basically the mk1 with a cupla bits removed and a cuplaother bits added). :D

Hi all,

I'm out of the challenge this month, probably next month too I'm afraid. A mishap at work has resulted with the muscle,or at least part of it,detatching itself from the bone in my arm (ouch!). Should be having a scan on Wednesday, will know more then.
Good luck everyone.

Dave

oh my god... how hard can it be to do something with 5 rings!!!! i am totally blank!

This maybe a token entry if any this month as I am completely out of imagination and creativity!

Unfortunately I've had to withdraw this month. Knock-on effect of good weather at long last, so spending what little spare time I've had on an overdue outdoor job while it's dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back