jubilees going backwards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buster30

Reaction score
hi that's me got my phase 3 converter but when i started the lathe its turning away from me and unscrewing the chuck. whats going on is the motor wired wrong?
the converter has speed control but lathe stays at same speed. also has reverse but nothing happens
please help i cant wait to get started

buster30":1oc6s6oc said:
hi that's me got my phase 3 converter but when i started the lathe its turning away from me and unscrewing the chuck. whats going on is the motor wired wrong?
the converter has speed control but lathe stays at same speed. also has reverse but nothing happens
please help i cant wait to get started

Sign in to Woodhaven2 and address your questions to Bob 9fingers. :D

Hi Buster
Simply swap overany two of the three phase output wires and the direction of rotation will reverse. Speed change may either by a knob on the inverter or a remote potentiometer. Which invert5er have you got? an IMO is dead easy to program for most of the functions relevant to aJubilee I,ve got one and a Wadkin Bxl both converted to 220 V three phase driven by inverters. It is the best way to control speed and direction!

Hi Buster I should have added that user manuals are available on line for most common inverters, although they are often abit heavy going as they cater for users who want all sorts of bells and whistles but running a wood lathe is pretty basic and setting max rpm and whether or not remote speed control is enabled covers most needs.

regards

Paul

As Paul says swap over any two of the output wires to the motor.

Also there will be an option on the invertor to swap the direction of the phase rotation with a simple switch so that direction can be changed at any time if you so wish without having to physically cross the wires.

Back