Joke Thread 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't make books like that anymore, although I did encounter a copy in a clinic waiting room in Thames Ditton about 15 years ago, and was sorely tempted to steal it
I made that boomerang. It didn't come back.

I found a copy of 'Readers Digest Junior Omnibus' on Ebay years ago. What a great book that was. I was very happy to reaquaint myself with all the great stories I remembered from my youth. There are a few copies on there right now.

I made that boomerang. It didn't come back.

I found a copy of 'Readers Digest Junior Omnibus' on Ebay years ago. What a great book that was. I was very happy to reaquaint myself with all the great stories I remembered from my youth. There are a few copies on there right now.
Mine did come back, usually to a position roughly a few feet above my head, and then dropping down to one side. I never managed to catch one on its return, but became quite adept at throwing them through the top of rugby posts and around.
Sorry for diverting the joke thread. I'll shut up now..

FB_IMG_1695102820074.jpg

A US Air Force C-141 was scheduled to leave Thule Air Base, Greenland at midnight. During the pilot’s pre-flight check, he discovers that the latrine holding tank is still full from the last flight.

So a message is sent to the base, and an airman who was off duty is called out to take care of it.

The young man finally gets to the airbase and makes his way to the aircraft, only to find that the latrine pump truck has been left outdoors and is frozen solid, so he must find another one in the hangar, which takes even more time.

He returns to the aircraft and is less than enthusiastic about what he has to do.

Nevertheless, he goes about the pumping job deliberately and carefully (and slowly) so as to not risk criticism later. As he’s leaving the plane, the pilot stops him and says, “Son, your attitude and performance has caused this flight to be late, and I’m going to personally see to it that you are not only reprimanded but also punished.”

Shivering in the cold, his task finished, he takes a deep breath, stands up tall and says, “Sir, with all due respect, I’m not your son; I’m an Airman in the United States Air Force. I’ve been in Thule, Greenland for 11 months without any leave, and reindeer are beginning to look pretty good to me. I have one stripe; it’s two-thirty in the morning, the temperature is 40 degrees below zero and my job here is to pump dung from your aircraft.

Now just exactly what form of punishment did you have in mind?”

To be honest, I doubt that would come back. It is shaped more like a non returning boomerang, that might be used for hunting.
I speak with some authority, having learnt to make returning boomerangs as a young boy, by following the instructions in The Readers' Digest Junior Omnibus, and subsequently abstracting quantities of my father's plywood offcuts in pursuit of my hobby.
They don't make books like that anymore, although I did encounter a copy in a clinic waiting room in Thames Ditton about 15 years ago, and was sorely tempted to steal it.
Its a joke thread not an A level physics exam paper.

Latest posts

Back