Joke Thread 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wifi.jpg

I had the joy of a 1967 Skoda 1000MB early in my motoring career.

Bought because was cheap and better equipped than an earlier Ford Anglia which had gone to rust bucket heaven.

The worst car I ever owned. The only way to reliably get it started was to hook up 2 batteries so the starter motor and coil were turbocharged with 24 volts. Alternative - find a hill to roll it down for a jump start.

Big end bearing went - I rebuilt engine - went again so I reinforced the bearing with some metal foil. Didn't work!

On reassembly would not select 3rd gear. Careful application of a 2lb hammer on the linkage meant that it would never see 3rd gear again.

Drove it for a further 6 months until MOT time using just gears 1,2 and 4. Then it too joined the rest of the rot boxes in the celestial ever after.

The best car I owned was also a Skoda, albeit 40 years later. 10 years, 160k, 50+ mpg - the only not service replacement were the rear hatch struts.
That's because it's a VW in disguise! :D

What's a 'meme' (mee mee?)?
Dawkins coined the phrase quite some time ago. It has evolved in many directions since the 70s.
A cartoon, a caricature , photo with a caption...I'm sure my brief explaination doesn't do it justice.
There's probably a Google entry on the subject. ;)

MOD.
Just so we are clear.
I understand a lot of folk here are losing there marbles but it isn't approriate to hand your divice to your care home matron and mumble "Woodworking forum uk" and expect to be on the general topic forum.
We also realise some have big finger syndrome or cant be ar sed going to the relevant section of the app.
That is no excuse.
Try and do this before you fall asleep after lunch, then forget where you are and end up back here posting in the wrong section yet again when you wake up for the ten o'clock news.
Thankyou.

PREFORM.
An alternative to the big two.
The party for the people.

"Matron. You sure this is the right forum to post this in?

Latest posts

Back