Jet DC1100A Extractor and Filter Cartridge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi does anyone else own one of these Jet DC1100A Extractor and Filter Cartridge ??? If so what ,s your honest opinion ??? I have the fine filter on my extractor and she as clogged up twice and i can honestly say i have not filled a bag of saw dust as yet I,m using the Y piece that comes with the extractor and i,m running 2 short lengths of 4 in flexi bag from the extractor 2 my machine,s with blast gates, so only using one machine at a time very very disappoint very poor suction
Mock

I have been running mine since early this year and it is great. I can now extract everything from the table saw, spindle, and planner. My air quality is the best it has been in 15 years. My only complaint is it does not like small diameter pipe and I include 100mm duct in the definition of small. Being a low pressure system it simply does not have the suck for small diameter but on larger ducts, mine are 150mm I have never seen shavings disappear so fast and efficiently. I have a 100mm branch to my bandsaw and frankly I could suck better than it does to my bandsaw.
I have the vortex and fine filter and more dust goes to the filter then the on line video suggests but a quick spin of the filter cleaning flappers and it is fine. I would say after every bag of shavings I get about half a litre to one litre of dust on the filter.

Thank,s for the reply i have used 6 inch ducting with 4 in drop off,s to my band saw and mitre saw and gone back to my 4 inch all the way because of the suction and my filter is clogged up again for the second time since iv,e had the machine can i ask what air flow you have from the machine.? so i can check mine again and the distance you are running the pipe work ? I,m having trouble posting photo,s again for some reason but i,ll have a go in the morning to show you the filter and the system i,m using i don,t think this machine is 6 month old yet ill have to check when i purchased her .I. only go up my work shop once or twice a week for a hour or so at the most that,s why i haven,t filled a bag of saw dust yet :? :?
Mock

I have about 9 meter run of 150mm with a slow bend and a y branch of about 2m in 100mm. I think I was at about 900cfm and 4000ft/m on the 150mm but I will recheck them and post the figures on here probably over the week end. I recall there was a massive difference on the 100mm. I have for some years used a dedicated vacuum for the chop saw and might do the same for the bandsaw.

Just a few photo,s of the filter and if they come out o,k ill send photo,s of my set up also don,t forget i started cleaning the filter before i sent the photo,s .And yes i do turn the handle above the filter cartridge and give it a couple of thumps to loosen every thing up

Attachments

• DSCF8117.jpg
    DSCF8117.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF8119.jpg
    DSCF8119.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF8121.jpg
    DSCF8121.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 45
my set up short bag to the band saw and a longer bag 6ft all 4 inch both with blast gates i picked this option because i had already tried the 6 in pipe work
Mock

Attachments

• DSCF8123.jpg
    DSCF8123.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF8124.jpg
    DSCF8124.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF8125.jpg
    DSCF8125.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 42
Mock
I tested my extractor it was reading 4000ft/m and about 500cfm at the end of 9m of 150mm metal duct and 3m of 120 Flexi. The latter was varying between 450 and 500 but it copes with everything my 400mm planer, 315 saw and large spindle can throw at it so it is not lacking
Hope this helps

Thank,s for all your help Axminster are picking the extractor up from me on October 1st to give it a check over ill leave you know how i get on ps they phoned me this morning
Mock

Back