Is this forum now really quiet?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't you think it's ironic? someone starts a thread 'is this forum now really quiet' and people respond, henceforth proving it's not quiet anymore :D

I have never been a big contributor apart from the odd bit of old iron, but I still cant get away with the new look. I find it hard work.

Change is coming! Sorry just said that to wind folk up. But I love this forum. No the forums I visit represent a snapshot of my interests at any particular moment. Is it any wonder people take ownership of them. The format was strange for about 2 days but now I'm ok with it. The ins an outs of Meg's a#$e is where forums really excell. That and a huge backlog to search for a particular reference to a tiny area of Meg's a#$e.
Shame if it fades away. Don't even know what a discussion board is btw.

Over the years, I've been a member of various forums, and this one is one of the friendliest forums I've belonged to. I find the forum great for my needs, and being relatively new to woodworking, I've learned loads by reading old threads and posting questions as and when I have the need. My questions have always been answered and I've never felt that I've 'upset' members with my 'lack' of woodworking knowledge #-o I don't post as often as others, but that's because I've nothing valuable to offer to the majority of the members here :(

I will definitely stick with this forum for the foreseeable future - unless of course, people get fed up with my questions ...………………………..!

Obi Wan :eek:ccasion5:

It's all cyclic. Winter = too cold to get to the shed for many. Summer = too hot, or off on holidays.
Maybe some of the folk who thought Facebook groups were better will delete their profiles and come back.
Discussion about the format will look odd soon, as we get used to it.
But Charley, if you're reading this, please sort out the likes/thanks issue and make posting pictures easier.

Obi Wan Kenobi":1vq474uj said:
I will definitely stick with this forum for the foreseeable future - unless of course, people get fed up with my questions

Nobody minds honest questions, surely?

I've learned so much from here over the few years I've been a member - and made some good friends too (there is life beyond cyberspace!). People can be extremely kind.

I think the trick is not to ask about stuff that's been covered a lot (and never mention sharpening!) :)

Learned things yes, but nothing useful about sharpening. I live in hope!

I have got a theory that as time goes on more subject matter has already been covered and the less need for new questions, hence less visible traffic (but perhaps more views of old posts).

It’s still the first place I turn to when I get stuck!

Eric The Viking":aatzpqk8 said:
Obi Wan Kenobi":aatzpqk8 said:
I will definitely stick with this forum for the foreseeable future - unless of course, people get fed up with my questions

Nobody minds honest questions, surely?

I've learned so much from here over the few years I've been a member - and made some good friends too (there is life beyond cyberspace!). People can be extremely kind.

I think the trick is not to ask about stuff that's been covered a lot (and never mention sharpening!) :)

Eric, what I said about being fed up with my questions, was meant to be 'tongue in cheek' :wink: and I certainly agree with you that people here can be, and are extremely kind.

Anyhow, what's this about sharpening? (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

OWK :eek:ccasion5:

I'm getting the hang of the new forum format and I think it's an improvement.

In particular the new format seems to be better when accessed via a mobile phone, and if the forum is ever to pull in new, younger woodworkers then that alone has to make it worthwhile.

So personally I'd say job well done, don't tinker, sit back and just let people get used to it.

monkeybiter":gnovh9aa said:
A quick look at his last post and the reply seems to suggest an understandable reason for him being quiet.

I think BB would be the last person to take a little heat. I'm sure he's still having a nosey now and again.

Back