Is a Numatic NV750 Suitable For My Set Up?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel City Man

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a small garage workshop and to date I've been managing dust and chips with a B&Q wet/dry vac, but it's not ideal, so was considering this:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/numatic-numa ... rod831363/

My main machines are

1) Ryobi Table Saw (has a 58mm extraction port at the back, and a 32mm port on the blade guard)
2) Router table (currently being built - will have extraction in the fence)
3) Bosch 8 inch SCMS

The above three will run along one side of the workshop - a bit like cuting42's here:

viewtopic.php?t=34326

The other side will house small power tools and a scroll saw.

The idea is to have permanent plumbing along one wall only to manage the dust and chips from the side containing the table saw, router table and SCMS - the other stuff could be plugged into the Numatic via it's 32mm hose only when needed. Ideally, I would also wheel out the Numatic and use it as a general workshop vac when required.

Do you think the single motor Numatic NV750 will do the job? It's important that I get a quiet extractor; not for me, but for the neighbours - so at 70dB, this seems to tick that box. The issues to address are:

1) suction - will it have enough oomph to handle the 3.5m run, assuming I use blast gates?
2) with a 51mm pipe size, will this handle the chips from the table saw (the saw only has a 58mm port anyway)?

No plans for a planer/thicknesser, no room anyway, so I assume there's no real requirement for 100mm pipes?

Budget would stretch to the twin motor version, but it's more the noise issue that I am concerned with. Not sure just how loud 79dB is, but I suspect its probably still quiet compared to my table saw!

Also, was wondering about the hepa ('trapit') bags that can be fitted in the Numatic. Am I right in thinking that these are just optional, and the built in 'permatex' filter will deal with everything down to 0.5 microns on its own (which seems to cover MDF dust)? If so, what are people's thoughts about using these bags - necessity or better safe than sorry?

Sorry for all the questions - I have spent the past few weeks researching this, but couldn't really find anyone who's plumbed in the single motor version.

Thanks for any feedback :)

Thanks for the reply, but low noise level is high on the priority list, plus I want the 0.5 micron filtration, so all those cheaper vacuum extractors are unfortunately out of the question. If I have to, I'm happy to spend up to £350 on the extractor alone, leaving me the rest of my budget on the plumbing, which if I go for the Numatic, I think can mostly be done with B&Q/Wickes Miniline/Minifit guttering, which is 53mm.

Latest posts

Back