iphone.... 'lock' - 'unlock'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MMUK":2qn4zh29 said:
RogerS":2qn4zh29 said:
And your evidence is where exactly?

And I could ask you exactly the same question. Where is your evidence to refute my comment?

Uh uh....that's not the way it works. You make a statement. The person who makes the first statement is the one to prove it. Not the other way around. If you can't provide any evidence then my statement of 'Rubbish' holds.

While you're looking for your evidence, I'll pop next door and ask Elvis if he knows. That is, if he's back from his holiday with Lord Lucan.

I think you could both be right.... And wrong.

I suspect that Apple do sneak a peek at some info but I think all of it is an exaggeration.

We have all seen lots of stories about large companies/governments not following the rules when it comes to people's privacy.

....and as most apple users will know, they are very much a believer in 'WE know what you want, so we shall decide what a device can and cannot do for you'

I suspect that any info taken will be in relation to your spending habits/trends etc.

All they want to do is sell you stuff, even if you don't want it.
They have no interest in other stuff...... For now.

The only data about you that Apple have are your purchases on iTunes and any apps you have bought. And whatever information you enter when/if you register an Apple product. The suggestion that my iMac secretly 'phones home' during the night and uploads all my data to Apple is, frankly, pushing conspiracy theories to another level and is up their with the fairies.

I find that very hard to believe.

When someone visits my website, I can see where they came from, where they went, what they looked at and for how long, what OS they are running, what screen size, what they downloaded etc and that's just from a website.

Do you not think that apple collect all that and more?
Have you noticed how all adverts on google relate to something you have been looking at recently?
You don't see cat food adverts if you own a dog.

All these companies collect data and use it to sell you more stuff.

If they have the ability to get that much, do you think that's all they collect?

benjimano":1a0nytue said:
I find that very hard to believe.

When someone visits my website, I can see where they came from, where they went, what they looked at and for how long, what OS they are running, what screen size, what they downloaded etc and that's just from a website.

Do you not think that apple collect all that and more?
Have you noticed how all adverts on google relate to something you have been looking at recently?
You don't see cat food adverts if you own a dog.

All these companies collect data and use it to sell you more stuff.

If they have the ability to get that much, do you think that's all they collect?

Look up cookies. If you never visit the Apple website (other than the instances I have already mentioned) then Apple is not going to collect anything from your computer. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. if you visit their site then they will store cookies. End of.

I'm out of here. This is getting into paranoia territory.

Back