Ipad archived files..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
I have received a PDFs file via email but before I got chance to open it I mistakenly pressed the archive button and into the world of black holes it disappeared , does anyone know where the archive files are kept as I can't find it anywhere and can't seem to find any information on how to get it back..

TIA

Was this Gmail? AFAIK there's no easily accessible 'archive' folder, but you can search for the message either through the Gmail app, or by accessing your gmail account via the browser and searching there as archived messages show up in searches. Once you've found it you can move it back to your inbox, and you're back in business.

HTH Peter

If it is Gmail try this ...

Click on "<Mailboxes"
Choose "GMAIL" (or whatever you've called it) under ACCOUNTS
Go into "All Mail"

It should be in there

nanscombe":2ra6jfok said:
If it is Gmail try this ...

Click on "<Mailboxes"
Choose "GMAIL" (or whatever you've called it) under ACCOUNTS
Go into "All Mail"

It should be in there

Yes, that works - nice one!

Thanks guys, she has now resent the files to me and said once I open it on the iPad i just tap the screen and save it to iBooks, but I tap the screen and nothing happens, so now what...

You may need to tap and hold for a few seconds which should activate a popup menu including an "Open in iBooks" option.

nope, i dont get 'open in' but i do get 'open' to which it does, and i cant seem to get any toolbar allowing me to save/move it.. i have both adobe pdf and ibooks on my ipad but for some reason it wont do it..

edit..

i have just downloaded instructions about doing this, it says "when the pdf is open, tap on the pdf to show opening options (mine doesn't) you should find the popup from the top of safari browser " , there is no toolbar at all when its open, and taping on the actual screen when its open only gives me copy/define......???

If it's an attachment clicking on the pdf logo should open it then if you tap the rectangle with up arrow symbol that should open up other save options including "open in iBooks "

Latest posts

Back