Internal Doors?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Nibbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Or to be exact Woodgrain Effect Internal 4 Panel Moulded Doors.

Swmbo on my case cos I been promising for more than a year to change every internal door in the house, all eleven in total. :lol:

Who's doing the best made and best prices? I've looked at B&Q and Wicks not much between them.

Have you tried any of the local trade suppliers like Travis Perkins, Howdens or Magnet? Thay might offer something a bit more "interesting"

Howdens are good if you have an account very cheap for the hardboard pressed panel doors.

there is a good reason that howdons are cheap. they are rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clewlowm":wao5vmp6 said:
there is a good reason that howdons are cheap. they are rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[-X

trust me! fit howdons fit it twice. there door's are made to a price not to a standard, kitchens are overpriced carp.

clewlowm":11e0jhra said:

I'll 2nd that

ProShop":3m0189co said:
clewlowm":3m0189co said:

I'll 2nd that

well ok, but saying that, all hardboard pressed panel doors are rubbish. i was fitting some jeldwen ones not so long ago, the hardbaord was at lose in some places.

jhwbigley":1hk06h97 said:
ProShop":1hk06h97 said:
clewlowm":1hk06h97 said:

I'll 2nd that

well ok, but saying that, all hardboard pressed panel doors are rubbish. i was fitting some jeldwen ones not so long ago, the hardbaord was at lose in some places.

probably made by Howdens then :D :D co's that's as bad as the Howden ones. Or they don't even have a rail in :shock: :D

ProShop":17f7qxxz said:
jhwbigley":17f7qxxz said:
ProShop":17f7qxxz said:
clewlowm":17f7qxxz said:

I'll 2nd that

probably made by Howdens then :D :D co's that's as bad as the Howden ones. Or they don't even have a rail in :shock: :D

I knackered a planer knife (only ones as my power planers a bosch) and a circular saw blade. :evil:

I only fitted 8 doors!

clewlowm":lywoqgcn said:

Clewlowm,

You obviously dont realize that most of the pressed panel doors you see are all made by one company PREMDOOR they are the biggest door manufacturer in the world , no matter where you buy one from it will be of the same quality. I hate hollow doors myself but they serve a purpose.

I am not saying Howdens are great infact most of there stuff is rubbish but for those hollow core doors they are the cheapest.

chippy1970":v8u15322 said:
clewlowm":v8u15322 said:

Clewlowm,

You obviously dont realize that most of the pressed panel doors you see are all made by one company PREMDOOR they are the biggest door manufacturer in the world , no matter where you buy one from it will be of the same quality. I hate hollow doors myself but they serve a purpose.

I am not saying Howdens are great infact most of there stuff is rubbish but for those hollow core doors they are the cheapest.

I agree, they're all much of a muchness (nasty) but serve a purpose and so you may as well get the best price which is where Howdens comes in.

And, for not much more (couple of quid), you'll be able to get an internal fire door in the same pattern which has a bit of weight and at least feels a little bit more substantial. You'll want to put a third hinge on though to support it.
You might want to consider buying a hinge jig, I'd always been anti then made an 8 fold door for someone as a room divider and couldn't afford to have the slightest variance so bit the bullet £100 Trend 2nd hand on ebay, and had them all done in an afternoon! Talk about chuffed, it worked like a dream, everything was square and it all went together beautifully. Just wish the owner hadn't covered them in a really nasty stain, ruined a lovely job.

Hey Lord N, thanks for you pm, tried to reply but mails seem to get stuck in the outbox rather than being sent, no idea why this is happening. Anybody got any ideas?
Thanks, T

Back